skymama

Need help naming 2 female cats

Katie and The Dude know their names and come running when I call them. Katie will meow and trot in. The Dude will slink in at his leisure after being called.

He will open the door and come in if he wants to visit, though, he's a very large cat.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

From http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Tr-Wa/Twins.html

In the mythology of ancient Persia, some accounts of Ahriman, the spirit of evil, say that he too was a twin who forced his way out of the womb so that he could be born first. Ahriman and his twin and enemy Ahura Mazda, the spirit of good, are symbols of opposing moral forces in a dualistic universe.

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well, yesterday they were Addy and Dolly. My daughter picked out Addy because one cat was really hyper like her and it comes from ADHD. :S The other was Dolly, which my grandmother picked (she was at the house), but my mom told me today that she didn't like it. She was thinking Sweatpea, because the smaller one seems very sweet and feminine. She also like Salt and Pepper, but no one else liked it. Mom might also be consulting with the younger grandchildren who will be at her house this weekend. So, long story short...not really! :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My parents are taking in 2 persian kitties today from a family who is allergic. The cats are sisters. Got any good ideas? I've been trying to think of female names in history.

Skydiving names are out, so is "Beavis and Butthead" which my dad came up with. :P

How about "Coyote" and "Bait"?

:D

Yin and Yang, its what kittens do.

Wow... At least the kitties in your picture MADE it in to the yin yang position... Unlike my foster kittens...

My two female "resident" cats are Ladybug and Sundae. They're brats, but they're great with the fosters I bring in.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Here is a suggestion, find out what your parent's pet name is for each other (you know the one they used when kids were not around) and have each cat named with one of your parent's pet names.

The upside, when one of your parents calls the other by the pet name, at least the cat will show up or even better BOTH the cat and the person will show up.

It opens a world of possibilities :-)
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

we have two sister cats we named Li and Lu, after the Botero sisters in the cirque show zumanity (and also the charachter leeloo in the fifth element). the Botero sisters were hefty gals, but pretty, just like the cats turned out to be. the other thought we had was cagney and lacey. in the end it doesn't matter, because the damn things won't come when you call them anyway.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Hey
that was cool... I've always been curious about that poem since I was a college freshman, a really hot older college dj I was working with at the college radio station used the frist few lines from that poem discribing the day's skies... I thought it was really original... Ha. I was so impressed.
Pet names that are like the weather are cool...
Misty
Windy
Stormy
Sunny
Rain

We have a black cat named Sabrina, she's 1/4 Siamese and VERY intelligent. She knows her name and likes to poke around with my clock radio because she knows she can turn on the radio and make the music play.

Along with Sabrina, you could pick some other "Bewitched" names like Samantha or Endora.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !