peek

eHow - How to Pack a Parachute (humor)

Put the static line into the hole on top of the chute before you fold it.

I kinda have trouble visualising what the heck they are talking about here.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

The rest I at least understand what they're hallucinating about.

But I was wondering if they might be talking about a pilotchute assist system (which I have never seen). Serious question - how does the pilot assist work? What happens to bag and pilot?
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

The pilot generally stays with the aircraft.

Chicken :S

I leave the bag at home when I go to the DZ.
:D:D

Huh? What's a guy like you without their handbag?
~mom

Put the static line into the hole on top of the chute before you fold it.

I kinda have trouble visualising what the heck they are talking about here.

I think I found the visualization for you....

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pdj/chutfold.htm
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

But I was wondering if they might be talking about a pilotchute assist system (which I have never seen). Serious question - how does the pilot assist work? What happens to bag and pilot?

Eh? A PCA is just someone holding onto your pilot chute. Are you talking about static line jumps?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Eh? A PCA is just someone holding onto your pilot chute. Are you talking about static line jumps?

Uhmm no. PCA is a form of static line system (as opposed to a direct bag). An IAD (instructor assisted deployment) is someone holding your pilot chute.

Uhmm no. PCA is a form of static line system (as opposed to a direct bag). An IAD (instructor assisted deployment) is someone holding your pilot chute.

Ah, different from BASE terminology, then.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Why - the whole thing is perfectly clear! I could have saved hours and hours of learning if I had read that before learning to pack:S:S

No more giving me crap, Ed. There are worse than me out there, obviously.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

The rest I at least understand what they're hallucinating about.

But I was wondering if they might be talking about a pilotchute assist system (which I have never seen). Serious question - how does the pilot assist work?
What happens to bag and pilot?

the pilot stays in the plane, the bag gets thrown out!;)
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward