mjosparky

Riser length?

Most manufacturers just measure the length of riser webbing after it has been sewn.
I have never heard of including rings in riser length.
Just to mess with you, at least one Canadian manufacturer measures from the crotch to the top of risers.
24 inch long risers can be used by guys with long arms, however shorter people prefer 18 or 20 inch risers so they can collapse their sliders.

While on the subject of riser length can anyone tell me how much longer risers will actually affect the length of a dive. Is it one of those things that only the top swoopers would notice or would the average beer line swooper with say 900-1000 jumps see the advantage as well?
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

HOLY CRAP! Sparky didn't know something for the firstime! I never thought i would see the day. Just kidding, love ya man:P

Yea, but I know it now. B|:P

Sparky

If you think about it, when the riser is insalled on the base ring that will be the finished length of the riser, so measuring the ring is kinda pointless, least that's the way I did it @ Fliteline.

Mick.

Is it one of those things that only the top swoopers would notice or would the average beer line swooper with say 900-1000 jumps see the advantage as well?

you can notice a fairly large difference on most high performance canopies with just 2"longer risers.

advantage? well, that depends on what your doing and what your flying. i fail to see how a longer recovery arc is an advantage with a canopy that has so much drag that it begins to loose speed while still diving.

but then again, maybe someone could explain that to me better.

HOLY CRAP! Sparky didn't know something for the firstime! I never thought i would see the day. Just kidding, love ya man:P

Yea, but I know it now. B|:P

Sparky

Weren't we told, when we got our 'tickets', that it was a 'license to learn'? When we quit learnin', that's when we get into trouble!:o:D

Chuck

Weren't we told, when we got our 'tickets', that it was a 'license to learn'? When we quit learnin', that's when we get into trouble!

This bears repeating and should never be forgotten by anyone in skydiving.

Thanks Chuck.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I'm wondering the best place to find 24 inch risers. I like Javelin risers, but i've never bought them after market from them..and on their price list..they are like 160 bucks...holy shit thats a rip off. Any suggestions? Prices? Manufacturers? I want stainless and with hard inserts (preferably plastic inserts like javelins rather than metal). I dont care about the way they stow. I can fix that myself if I dont like it.

Cheers,
Travis

I'm wondering the best place to find 24 inch risers. I like Javelin risers, but i've never bought them after market from them..and on their price list..they are like 160 bucks...holy shit thats a rip off. Any suggestions? Prices? Manufacturers? I want stainless and with hard inserts (preferably plastic inserts like javelins rather than metal). I dont care about the way they stow. I can fix that myself if I dont like it.

From what I have heard from others and seen for myself VSE has some of the best risers and the price is pretty good.

http://s90422833.onlinehome.us/Infinity.htm

I have tried to find risers on RWS web page for comparison but no luck.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals