bbarnhouse

A Little Good News Today...Lift Ticket Dropping A Buck! ($1.00 USD)

So we all know that with the crazy fuel prices most dropzones have had to increase their lift rates (including Skydive Arizona).
I am really pleased to let folks know that since fuel is going down,so are the lift tickets prices here.
This will become effective October 15 with the new fuel shipment.
Now it's just a buck...but if fuel continues to go down, Larry might drop it yet again. I think it is a good start.:)Man I sure needed a little good news today and thought ya'll might too!

X's and O's
B2

Too bad there's no swooping.[:/]

Ya know Dave there is swooping it is just off the landing area unless it's pre-arranged with the safety officer of the day.
Might be nice to NOT turn this into a swooping thread. Sheesh.
I thought it was something positive for the sport....for a change.

Swooping is positive. Swoop week was on the national news and it was positive.

Swooping is positive for me! It makes me happy.B|

I can't wait for nationals 2009, the entire family will be together!:)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Swooping is positive. Swoop week was on the national news and it was positive.

Swooping is positive for me! It makes me happy.B|

I can't wait for nationals 2009, the entire family will be together!:)

http://www.swoop4u.org/public/
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Yes swooping IS positive. I never said it wasn't and I am glad it makes you happy.:)
The topic wasn't about swooping ya lil hijacker.:P

My job here is done as I delivered a little good news today. Sure hope other drop zones follow suit.:)
Every little bit helps and I am certain that those coming out to compete in the remaining events at USPA Nationals will be pleased.
We can all use an extra few dollars in our pockets these days.

I had to hijack, this thread is in Bonfire instead of Events/Places where it belongs!

I think for the 2011 Nationals I'm going to try to get my DZ to host! But we're only going to host 4-way. We don't have the facilities for anything else!

(annoyed that the USPA awards nationals to a DZ that refuses to host ALL events!)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So we all know that with the crazy fuel prices most dropzones have had to increase their lift rates (including Skydive Arizona).
I am really pleased to let folks know that since fuel is going down,so are the lift tickets prices here.
Now it's just a buck...but if fuel continues to go down, Larry might drop it yet again. I think it is a good start.:)Man I sure needed a little good news today and thought ya'll might too!

X's and O's
B2

I sincerely hope the other DZ's follow suit. I have noticed a significant decrease in up jumpers since fuel and jump tickets have been on the rise. I understand the need to pass along cost of fuel increases to the jumpers, but I sincerely hope they will pass along the fuel savings as unilaterally as they did when fuel increased in price. (Unfortunately, I doubt this will happen)

It makes one ponder these thoughts:

1) If the DZO’s choose to increase their profit margin and keep jump tickets at the higher rate compared to price in fuel will you jump more, less or the same?
2) Since up jumpers tend to bring folks out to do tandems, will the higher prices of jump tickets ultimately hurt the DZO by less jumps being made by up jumpers and thus a decrease in tandems? (I know this is a Small number)
3) Again with higher prices means less asses in the seats. Will DZO’s be content to send lighter loads with mostly tandems? I know tandems are where the money is made, but maintenance costs and lease payments will remain the same regardless of the number of up jumpers that are or aren’t on the plane providing additional income to the DZO.

I know my jump numbers are significantly down this year due to the increase in ticket prices and fuel for my vehicle. I would be inclined to jump more if jump tickets drop with the decrease in fuel prices.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

X's and O's
B2

UPDATE

Skydive Arizona dropped the lift ticket price by another dollar ($1.00 USD) today. (12-16-08)