Redline165

Performance car people

Who's into it? ive noticed some car nuts on here

I love all kinds of cars, imports and domestics, old and new. i've never gotten around to getting terribly familiar with older cars. I just like anything that's fast.

I made my living making cars fast for about 5 years, it paid for school and lots of fun toys. ive always been big into drag racing cars.

My personal car is a 97 Mitsubishi eclipse GSX. Its built to the bone and last time on the rollers put out 692 awhp (all wheel horsepower) It runs with a built 2.4 that is theoretically made to stand 1100hp. has a stand alone(AEM), dual rail setup, GT4094R, ect... full JIC magic suspension all around, brembo's up front, and for a while had a direct port setup with 150 spool up shot on it.

I had an IS300 for 4 years that i wanted to put a 2JZ-GTE into, had half the parts for, put then tall grass and hot exhaust whooped its ass. :( The 2JZ is probably the strongest motor ever built. period. (debate if you like :D)

Post what you got/want!

I have a 71 340 Duster. Street Strip car but geared too low for much street (4:30 Rear end and 4.5K stall). My father and I spent a couple years off and on Building it. He died the night we finally finished after we took it for test and tune at the local strip. I have not raced it since.

I also have a 66 belvedere that needs to be finished. I plan on taking the Engine from the Duster (400 HP without the Bottle but built for Heavy NOS use) and putting into that body and making a cruiser out of it.

My Daughter Raced Juniors for 4 years. Was ranked #6 in the nation in the 10-12 Age group in NHRA at one point. We sold the juniors a couple years back and now she wants to get into drifting. I just gave her a 2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe that we are starting to get ready.

i have an 08 Mini Cooper S with Alta Gen 2 Cold Air Intake. Fun little turbo charged go cart and it moves!!!
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

I have a 71 340 Duster. Street Strip car but geared too low for much street (4:30 Rear end and 4.5K stall). My father and I spent a couple years off and on Building it. He died the night we finally finished after we took it for test and tune at the local strip. I have not raced it since.

What it run at the track?

Gas is fun, i was a hater until i learned how to correctly install a window switch :D (kept wondering why the shit didnt spray till 7 grand haha)

I have an '83 Porsche 944. Not turbo, stock. Not real fast, but handles better than anything I've driven before. It was in an accident before I got it so it's "good enough to drive everyday and bad enough to drive everyday". Lots of fun, but parked until spring.

I'd like to upgrade to a Cayman (basically a Boxter hardtop), but they just came out a couple years ago and I need to wait for used prices to drop a bit.

A 928 would also be cool - ugly but faster than all hell. The later ones were legitimate 150mph cars.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

My Daughter Raced Juniors for 4 years. Was ranked #6 in the nation in the 10-12 Age group in NHRA at one point. We sold the juniors a couple years back and now she wants to get into drifting. I just gave her a 2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe that we are starting to get ready.

Drifting is one thing i respect due to the skill needed but is something i never got into it. i built a few 300zx's for drifting and then a solid number of 240's. mainly turbo stuff

Im an acura tech @ dealership now so let me know if you need any info on the Accord. its strikingly similar to a 3.2 TL :D As far as drifting in the accord... it might be tricky (i know you can drift in FWD cars,) but the transmissions in those cars are known to be built like toothpicks.

Used to have an 04 STi. Not nearly as fast as yours and I never did get a track time on it. Only a couple mods, 3" cattless exhaust, and a tune put me at 280 awhp. That li'l bitch was FAST!! Obviously TOOO fast for me, 3 driver's licenses later and now I drive an '85 toyota pick-up that I also happen to LIVE in:ph34r: No mods and slow as hell but, no tickets in about a year:)

If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Your mom goes HandHeld

Was running high 7`s in the 8th. But we never really got it right. Threw belts on every run. Was going to put a mach one serpentine system on it or just go to an electric water pump when I parked it.

We had a switch mounted to the Carb (Barry Grant is a local boy to us) along with the hobbs switch and rocker in the car. If the switch was on, we had good fuel pressure and the throttle was open, The Gas was coming.

My Daughters Junior got down into the 9`s (9.30 8th mile). Had her sitting on 50 pound of lead shot to slow the car down.

I have an '83 Porsche 944. Not turbo, stock. Not real fast, but handles better than anything I've driven before. It was in an accident before I got it so it's "good enough to drive everyday and bad enough to drive everyday". Lots of fun, but parked until spring.

I'd like to upgrade to a Cayman (basically a Boxter hardtop), but they just came out a couple years ago and I need to wait for used prices to drop a bit.

A 928 would also be cool - ugly but faster than all hell. The later ones were legitimate 150mph cars.

The Caymans are actually extremely fun cars to drive... im not a boxter fan, so getting in a cayman i was thinking it was going to be a boxter with a tuxedo on. its more like a boxter on crack, perfectly balanced, good torque and just down right sticks. great car to drive on the street and the track

have an 07 VW GTI with intake suspension, and Stage 1 Software. Gonna be getting a downpipe and Stage 2 in a couple months probly.

Put it on the rollers before the software upgrade and it was making 195hp/203tq to the front wheels. Havn't dynoed it with the chip but people with similar mods are getting about 220hp/260tq. :)

I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Used to have an 04 STi. Not nearly as fast as yours and I never did get a track time on it. Only a couple mods, 3" cattless exhaust, and a tune put me at 280 awhp. That li'l bitch was FAST!! Obviously TOOO fast for me, 3 driver's licenses later and now I drive an '85 toyota pick-up that I also happen to LIVE in:ph34r: No mods and slow as hell but, no tickets in about a year:)

I love the sound of STI's, ive always been an EVO fan, but Several of my good buddies are die hard superdoo fans. they still would be pissed when they would drag in a 500whp wrx on C-16 and id take his lunch money on 93.

it might be tricky (i know you can drift in FWD cars,) but the transmissions in those cars are known to be built like toothpicks.

We are loking for a supra (just like everyone else) to play with. The Honda she is just playing pimp my ride with for now and learning how to drive when you actually have to turn.;).

Was running high 7`s in the 8th. But we never really got it right. Threw belts on every run. Was going to put a mach one serpentine system on it or just go to an electric water pump when I parked it.

We had a switch mounted to the Carb (Barry Grant is a local boy to us) along with the hobbs switch and rocker in the car. If the switch was on, we had good fuel pressure and the throttle was open, The Gas was coming.

My Daughters Junior got down into the 9`s (9.30 8th mile). Had her sitting on 50 pound of lead shot to slow the car down.

fastest i have been in the 8th is 7.13 @ 109mph, damn thing spins down the track. quater mile is stupid... haha, 11.5 @ 137 spinning into 4th.

since then it lifted the head (with ARP's) running around 44psi :D and burned a hole in the cylinder head

it might be tricky (i know you can drift in FWD cars,) but the transmissions in those cars are known to be built like toothpicks.

We are loking for a supra (just like everyone else) to play with. The Honda she is just playing pimp my ride with for now and learning how to drive when you actually have to turn.;).

id give my left nut for a MKIV supra (seriously)

Yeah, I got a spin in a Cayman last fall. (also a new 911 with the new automatic) The local dealer brought out the "Porsche Driving Expeience" to the Tech college here. They do big trucks and cops there so they have a skidpad.
It was lots and lots of fun getting to experience the stabililty control and ABS on the slippery stuff (skidpad is snow/ice equivelant when wet). And even more fun taking the 911 around an autocross setup with the instructor giving advice.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Nice looks like a total sleeper. Now just put some stealies on there and go rape whippled GT's for fun!! lol

Nice looks like a total sleeper. Now just put some stealies on there and go rape whippled GT's for fun!! lol

Whipples are for babies... go big or go home, Twin turbo GT's are where its at :D

Ive ran many-a 03-04 cobras with whipples. AWD takes there lunch money every time, even from a roll MOST of them cant hang, altho i did get a good run from a lightning on slicks once. the Flying brick effect got him up top tho.

Personally i think whipples sound like shit, but a kenny bell. OMG pure sex

I have a '94 S10 I swapped a V8 into. I have pics on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=54682&id=538486493

It's got a .060 over 350, windage tray, crank scraper, Moroso 8 qt. pan, Comp cams extreme energy 4x4 cam 270 advertised duration, 305 heads that I ported, polished, put bigger valves in, and balanced the combustion chambers, Edelbrock performer rpm intake, 650 holley spreadbore, 2,600 rpm stall convertor in a th350, stock open rearend with 4.10 gears. It's a riot in town but not for long trips.
I also had a '79 Trans Am with a very mild 403, 2.42 posi rear. It was great for interstate driving, not so much in town.
The most badass thing I've driven was a truck our shop built for a radio promotion. It started out as a '39 chevy truck, they only thing left original was the tail light. It had a 350, big Crane cam, 7.5:1 compression, ported stock 2.02/1.60 heads, 175 hp N.O.S., oh yeah, and a Dyers 6-71 blower overdriven 6%. TH400 with an 8 inch convertor, Ford 9" with 4.86 gears, great big Pro-Trac 375 /60-15's, and ladderbars. It weighed 3,500 lbs. with driver. We goyt beat in a street race by an 1100 GSXR from a 60 MPH roll. The truck would only do 130 MPH so we didn't have a chance, but it was the only time we got beat, and we mostly went after street bikes.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Whipples are for babies... go big or go home, Twin turbo GT's are where its at :D

Ive ran many-a 03-04 cobras with whipples. AWD takes there lunch money every time, even from a roll MOST of them cant hang, altho i did get a good run from a lightning on slicks once. the Flying brick effect got him up top tho.

Personally i think whipples sound like shit, but a kenny bell. OMG pure sex

Pure sex is a built Supra with a T76.....or bigger and spray. I'v only seen one on the road and my luck i got him to go WOT and blow my doors off. Good thing my seats clean up easy!!!!:o:o:o:o

All I've got now is an '84 Beemer 733i it looks like an accountants family boat but I've burned some ricers off the line a few times with it...straight six totally stock except for the Borbet mag wheels. Also a '55 Willys jeep, my high school rig, waiting to restore that....
I use to be into building american steel back in the day. *cough,30 yrs cough* ago, also a '67 MKIV- Spitfire- that thing was a wicked go cart with dual SU carbs.

I still like the ol 8 bangers when gas was cheap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLePwZ5PlDY&feature=related

OLD SCHOOL!!!B|

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Have a b16a in my 90 civic hatchback. Lightly modded, bigger cams, head milled .020, the usual exhaust header/catback and intake. No AC or power steering. I can take v8 mustangs and camaros without much difficulty. Outran my buddies brand new saturn sky redline too. Haven't dynoed it yet, im guessing it probably makes around 190hp, car weighs in at about 2000lbs.