gonzalesna

How to get out of a DUI

I heard some advice from a cop friend, that everyone should have a couple beers in the back of their car. If you are driving drunk and crash your car, and know that cops are going to come, start drinking a couple, and have some empties around as well. If you tell the cop that you started drinking after the accident to calm your nerve, then there is no way they can prove you were drunk before the fact. Not that I condone drunk driving. Also, this wouldn't work if you got pulled over! ;)

I heard some advice from a cop friend, that everyone should have a couple beers in the back of their car. If you are driving drunk and crash your car, and know that cops are going to come, start drinking a couple, and have some empties around as well. If you tell the cop that you started drinking after the accident to calm your nerve, then there is no way they can prove you were drunk before the fact. Not that I condone drunk driving. Also, this wouldn't work if you got pulled over! ;)

I heard that too, but I don't know if there's any legality to it.

I'd rather be sober, pull out a 6-pack, try and make amends with the other driver, and get them to drink a beer.:D>:(
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Thats a load of shit. It can be back calculated and is very often. Its known as the classic "hip flask defence"

Only earlier this month my mate got a driver through court who had crashed his car while drunk then gone home and pretended he had been drinking at home and knew nothing of his car being involved in any accident.

From what I understand its relatively easy for the science boffins to work it out.

I heard of a guy that when the lights came on he stopped in the middle of the lane, the cop walks up and told him to drive his car to the side of the road. Later when in court the guys lawer called the cop to the stand and asked him if he autherized his regulary autherized people who he suspect were drunk to drive their car, supposedly the judge threw the case out.
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

I suppose it could be back calcuated if you admitted to having a couple of beers after the accident, however that wouldn't raise you much more and could probably be calcuated. However, if you had a 5th under the seat, took a mouthful to swish around in your mouth, spit out the rest and dumped a large portion of the jug beside the raod, and were very vague about what you drank, you might get by, but it would possibly require you to lie under oath and that is another can of worms. In the case I read from Scotland the toxocologist would have to have accurate info re: your after accident drinking to be back calcuated.

I often give folks my "pre-arrest advice."

1. Don't DO it.

2. If the police THINK you did it, then DON'T ADMIT it.

3. Never stand heel to toe on the roadside. People don't "normally" stand that way, and the test for intoxication is whether an individual has lost the NORMAL use of his mental or physical faculties by reason of introduction of alcohol (or drugs) into his body. Most people, sober or otherwise, will bobble this. The same applies to walking heel to toe. Don't do it.

4. Police NEVER ask, "have you been drinking?" The question is always, "how much have you had to drink." Silence is golden. "Officer, I'm not intoxicated."

5. Don't blow into any tubes.

There's more, but remember rule number one, and there shouldn't be an arrest.
;)

Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I often give folks my "pre-arrest advice."

1. Don't DO it.

2. If the police THINK you did it, then DON'T ADMIT it.

3. Never stand heel to toe on the roadside. People don't "normally" stand that way, and the test for intoxication is whether an individual has lost the NORMAL use of his mental or physical faculties by reason of introduction of alcohol (or drugs) into his body. Most people, sober or otherwise, will bobble this. The same applies to walking heel to toe. Don't do it.

4. Police NEVER ask, "have you been drinking?" The question is always, "how much have you had to drink." Silence is golden. "Officer, I'm not intoxicated."

5. Don't blow into any tubes.

There's more, but remember rule number one, and there shouldn't be an arrest.
;)

In Florida failure to consent to a breath test or "blowing in the tube" is cause for jail time and having your license revoked.
On the bottom of the license in fine print
"Operation of a motor vehicle constitutes consent to any sobriety test required by law"

On that note.. be honest. Police always hear "2 beers" It's always 2. Be honest.. Officer I had 3, 12 ounce coronas. Atleast by remembering how much you had, what you drank and how much was in the bottle actually shows that you are able to think clearly. Nothing pisses a cop off more than to be lied to. Nobody likes being lied to, it is like you are playing them for a fool and expecting them to be dumb enough to believe you. It is insulting. Unless the guy is a total dick, they will appreciate your candid honesty.
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

If you drink and drive then your a fucking twat. Quite simple.

Enough people get killed by drunk pricks who think that they're ok to drive.

I reckon all drink drivers should get a life ban from driving and jail time. No excuses.

I do not disagree with you. Remember, I put rule number one out there in the beginning and at the end of my post.

Cops anxious to meet quotas often haul INNOCENT people to jail by sitting up on bars late night, and arresting drivers without probable cause. I've tried these kind of cases.

The CRIME is driving while INTOXICATED.

"Drinking and driving" is NOT the test.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Cops anxious to meet quotas often haul INNOCENT people to jail by sitting up on bars late night, and arresting drivers without probable cause. I've tried these kind of cases.

Ahh, its different over here. The offence is driving whilst over the prescribed limit and police don't need a reason to pull people over. If you're on a road then you can have you 'documents checked' at any time. If they then smell alcohol on your breath or if you have performed a moving traffic offence they can make a requirement for a breath test. Failure to provide a specimen of breath is arrestable in itself and carries just the same penalty as a conviction for 'drink driving'

EDIT TO ADD: We don't have quotas. But its very satisfying to get someone off the road who shouldn't be on there. Waiting until they've had an accident and killed someone isn't very good now is it.

Perhaps, just perhaps, it should be. What do you think?

I'm against driving when over the limit. But if I've only had 1 beer or say 4 beers over the span of 6 hours I don't thinking driving is an issue.

I feel there's a difference between "drinking and driving" and "driving while intoxicated".

I have to add here...
I worked for the city of Charlotte Fire Department for 7 years. Not once did I see an alcohol related traffic accident. That goes without saying that I HAVE seen people do other stupid things because of drinking. (*Cough* the guys who got into a fight and one shot the other in the thigh. They tried to tell us the gun was under the couch and he shot himself trying to pull it out to show his "friend".)

As foamy the squirrel put it. "The worst case scenario is that they make it home and are able to do it again at a later date".
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

If you drink and drive then your a fucking twat. Quite simple.

Enough people get killed by drunk pricks who think that they're ok to drive.

I reckon all drink drivers should get a life ban from driving and jail time. No excuses.

I do not disagree with you. Remember, I put rule number one out there in the beginning and at the end of my post.

Sorry wasn't directing that at you!

I hear you, but feel that it's a slippery slope. If I drink, I don't drive - my choice and it feels like the right one.

Ditto. Alcohol affects different people in different ways. Some people may be 'fine' after a drink but still within the legal limit (35mg of alcohol in 100mg of blood in the uk i think), however some people may be legal but certainly not ok to drive.

If you drink get a fucking taxi or a lift from a sober friend, its not worth it.