DaGimp

Building Inspectors?

I teach building construction, and I've done a fair amount of building. I have the simple answer to your question. "Contact your local inspector and ask him/her your question. Their opinion is the only one that matters. They're the ones who have to check off on the project.

Don't waste time asking others for oppinions that really don't matter (like mine). Most inspectors love to answer your questions and most like the fact that you're asking. Make them feel like you really value their advice and they will go out of their way to be helpful. Plus, most inspectors I've met are fairly knowlegable. Remember, codes vary from city to city, or at least the interpretations vary. Good luck!
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Just curious if there are any building inspectors by trade on here, I have a technical question...

Monkeycndo is and I have a fair amount of experience . . . what ya got?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Don't waste time asking others for oppinions that really don't matter (like mine). Most inspectors love to answer your questions and most like the fact that you're asking. Make them feel like you really value their advice and they will go out of their way to be helpful. Plus, most inspectors I've met are fairly knowlegable. Remember, codes vary from city to city, or at least the interpretations vary. Good luck!

Agreed. Jake, just look up the number for the City or County Building Department in your area and ask to talk to one of the Inspectors. That will definitely be the quickest way to getting your answer. Plus, there's not a lot of work going on in most places, so I'm sure they'd love to get a call just to have something to do!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Agreed. Jake, just look up the number for the City or County Building Department in your area and ask to talk to one of the Inspectors. That will definitely be the quickest way to getting your answer. Plus, there's not a lot of work going on in most places, so I'm sure they'd love to get a call just to have something to do!

BZZZZZZZT

Wrong Answer!

We need humor and WE NEED something to do as well . . . so quit pushing people away . . .>:(

or you might get a spankin':o

:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun