Twoply

Who knows about batteries?

I did some wheeling and dealing and got one of these quiet Razor electric four wheelers for the 4 year old. He wants to come riding dirbikes with me, but he's terrified of the noise. Soooo I found this baby and I hope that he'll see how much fun it can be, and decide that the noise is worth it.

Anyways, I charged the battery and it was good to go last week or so. Then this cold snap came through, going down to 8 degrees for several days, and yesterday back up to 30's. When we went to go on it's maiden voyage, the battery was dead. When I went to charge it, the charger said it was full.

Help?

1.Has it been plugged in to the charger all this time?
If so, disconnect the battery from the charger and the toy for a few hours. Reinstall and see if the toy works. Sometimes this will remedy the problem.

2. Was it stored in the garage or other area where the cold could have effected it?
Bring the toy inside for several hours and allow to reach room temperature. Attach the battery and see if it works.

If that doesn't work, take it back and get him the Youth RZR model.;)

PS: have you tried using ear plugs and a helmet on your boy to see if that helps him deal with the noise?

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

According to the folks at Energizer Batteries, not only was there a "B" cell battery, but there still is. It's been discontinued in North America because manufacturers no longer make products that use them. But it's still available in Europe and is used in sets of three to power bicycle lights. Energizer suggests that the battery isn't too popular in Europe, and may be discontinued there, as well.

According to Energizer, the "B" cell measures 20.1 millimeters in diameter and 56.8 millimeters in length.

Lou is right Twoply. The cold does not just affect toys, it affects big cars and everything else. Up here we have 37F with fog during the day, and freezing fog at night- it is causing major havoc with igniition systems and all kinds of stuff. We have a small Quad for our son. That battery does not hold a charge while it is in storage either. These things do not have altenators, they dont charge when running like cars do. We have a little jumper that we use when it has set for a while. Since you said the battery is fine though, I can tell you just cause you are in the 30's aint necessarily going to help, especially if there is alot of moisture in the air.-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.