Twerky

Altimeters

i understand that...
the problem i am having is that this alt is not configured like the clock style altimeters. it looks more like a speedometer on a car and the 12 isnt the same as 0.

I'm curious.. is there any way you can post a picture of the device in question?
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Although I have not seen one in years, there was a brand that had a stop above 12K. I would suspect it could be damaged by going to higher altitudes since the pressure would cause the needle to push harder and harder on the stop pin.

I have been to 30.5K with my 6 year old Altimaster and it works fine.

Blue skies,

Jim

Thanks, now I understand... there is that undetermined space between 12,000 and 0

Very simple.
The barigo is a german brand of altimeter.
In germany they jump in meters (like in france). A barigo with a meter scale will show no space between the 0 and 4000meter.
To sell this altimeter to the feet-jumping community the most simple modification is remove the meter-scale and add a feet-scale, without modification of the inside. (If you want to swap from meter to feet simply buy a $5 feet-scale)
As 4000 meters is a little more than 13000ft you will see a gap between 12000 and the 0.

As a barigo owner I can assure you the altimeter works at least to 17000ft.
Probably higher but I never jumped higher than 17000ft.
Have the same barigo for at least 10years. Still functions good.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

I own a Barigo and have checked it against other altimeters in the plane w/ me. 0 seems to be about 13,500ft.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson