ep11300

Home Dropzone Blues

Wow, I dont even know what to say when responding to this post as being one of the "cool kids". I went back to this dropzone for their party as well and when that video played it just set in stone why I left that place!!! I left for a few reasons a little over a year ago after calling that place my home dz for about 3 years. One being I was the only female jumper there which is cool but being treated like shit because of it is not...there were days that I worked my ass off packing and helping with manifest and helping keep the place clean on busy days but I was not ever considered staff even though they would 'let me work'. At one point I was told by one person that they dont want a bitch on staff (not refering to my personality because im far from a bitch...he was refering to bitch as a female). Another reason is when I jumped at the neighboring dropzone they never let me live it down, they called me a traitor as well as a long list of other things. I know that every dropzone has their problems, but this jaded way they run their business hurts more than their business it obviously hurts the people that used to call this place home.

One of the "cool kids"

Here's the problem-

When you (any group) become so selecetive that they turn on part of the group and cast them out as outsiders and not worthy of being cool enough to hang out....

Eventually, they will turn on themselves when they deem someone else not worthy etc.

If you remove the idiot from the village the person who was barely smarter than that idiot will take his place.

(make sense?)
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THE VILLIAGE IDIOT.
Eventually, they will cast out enough people to the point that the entire village has moved down the street and established a new village and there is only one person standing in the original place.

Cast out enough people and you will be the outcast.
My photos

My Videos

Here's the problem-

When you (any group) become so selecetive that they turn on part of the group and cast them out as outsiders and not worthy of being cool enough to hang out....

Eventually, they will turn on themselves when they deem someone else not worthy etc.

If you remove the idiot from the village the person who was barely smarter than that idiot will take his place.

(make sense?)
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THE VILLIAGE IDIOT.
Eventually, they will cast out enough people to the point that the entire village has moved down the street and established a new village and there is only one person standing in the original place.

Cast out enough people and you will be the outcast.

When the village idiot leaves and goes to a new village, does he get to be the village idiot in the new village or do they go by seniority?
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Hell yeah you are one of the cool kids. You do know Jimmy Coiner :)
It doesn't hurt that you look really hot in a grass skirt too. As far as the drama concerning " As the Prop Turns", life is too short to worry about dropzone politics.

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

When the village idiot leaves and goes to a new village, does he get to be the village idiot in the new village or do they go by seniority?

I'm sure there's some kind of ranking system they go by. I guess it depends on how many stamps they have on their forehead.
My photos

My Videos

Yeah, another "cool kid" here I pretty much started jumping there about 2 years ago, I was at the DZ every weekend spending all my money and time, learning and even became a coach to help out, I lent a hand at the S/L classes... after a year of doing that I decided to move back to my original home DZ, lost prairie.... I was on my way to Arizona for the winter and figured I would stop by and say hello to my friends (or I thought) plus it was the weekend of the holiday party... I was totally disrespected by all the people who still jump their... the only people that welcomed me back where "the cool kids" I was called everything from a drunk to a sky god and everything in between... I was called a sky god because I was going to AZ, I guess some of them think just because you jump at skydive Arizona that makes you a sky god... I don't know.. Needless to say I am never going back to that drop zone ever again, and frankly I wouldn't recommend it either now that I think about all the hell I received will jumping there... they say you are supposed to catch some shit at a DZ, but not like this... it's not giving shit... the people are putting other people down.... just my 2 cents and what I saw will I spent my time there.. pretty sad it had to be like this... if they decide to come to the lost prairie boogie they will get treated like I was.... like dog shit...:|

the big dirty

Yeah, another "cool kid" here I pretty much started jumping there about 2 years ago, I was at the DZ every weekend spending all my money and time, learning and even became a coach to help out, I lent a hand at the S/L classes... after a year of doing that I decided to move back to my original home DZ, lost prairie.... I was on my way to Arizona for the winter and figured I would stop by and say hello to my friends (or I thought) plus it was the weekend of the holiday party... I was totally disrespected by all the people who still jump their... the only people that welcomed me back where "the cool kids" I was called everything from a drunk to a sky god and everything in between... I was called a sky god because I was going to AZ, I guess some of them think just because you jump at skydive Arizona that makes you a sky god... I don't know.. Needless to say I am never going back to that drop zone ever again, and frankly I wouldn't recommend it either now that I think about all the hell I received will jumping there... they say you are supposed to catch some shit at a DZ, but not like this... it's not giving shit... the people are putting other people down.... just my 2 cents and what I saw will I spent my time there.. pretty sad it had to be like this... if they decide to come to the lost prairie boogie they will get treated like I was.... like dog shit...:|

Well, if all it takes to be a skygod is to go to Skydive Arizona, I'm in! Sounds pretty easy ;). I wouldn't treat them bad at Lost Prairie if they show up. Be nice, don't stoop to their level, you reap what you sow, Karma, it's all true, don't make bad stuff happen to you.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

if they decide to come to the lost prairie boogie they will get treated like I was.... like dog shit...

Nah man.. let it go... that is just not the Prairie way....show them what a great DZ is like to jump at.. have a great time and know that the best revenge you can ever get is to have fun and live well.

Community and friends are nice, but isn't it about the actual skydiving? If the club has nice people to jump with, and it's more affordable then fuck the other people. If they treat you like shit for going to another DZ then are they people you want to be with anyways? I started at a small cessna DZ and have been a bit of a DZ slut (jumping wherevers most convenient) for the past few years. I even flew for the DZ I started jumping at competition and they still welcome me back with open arms whenever I jump there.