ACMESkydiver

Fitness Updates Feb 28th - March 6th 2009

Hey! What's up? B|

Friday I missed my Zumba in the morning, but I Zumba'd at the gym's 2nd location. Saturday and Sunday I was off.

Yesterday, I did Zumba at 11am. This morning I was supposed to do my step and lift, but the truck caught on fire in the driveway. :S -I'm ok, no flames, just a bunch of smoke. I'm waiting on the tow truck now. :(

As for diet, I'm still on my religious fast, so I'm only eating all-natural foods, no bleached flours, only form of sugar is cane juice or evaporated cane juice, and honestly I have LOST MY APPETITE! :o:o:)
I have lost another 2 1/2 pounds since last Wednesday, largely due to cutting back what I eat pretty drastically. Joints aren't doing too well again, so I prolly wouldn't have gotten through my workout this morning anyhoo, but I have to keep moving...

How are you all doing? How are your arms now?? Didn't pull a muscle, did ya? Bridesmaid dresses are great motivation to trim a lil' off. :ph34r: -When is your 10k? How we doin'? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I would have lost a full lb instead of just half if I would stop snacking. I have been on a snacking frenzy lately.

Someone lock up the snacks please....[Laugh]
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I would have lost a full lb instead of just half if I would stop snacking. I have been on a snacking frenzy lately.

Someone lock up the snacks please....[Laugh]

Celery is your friend. :) When I have to munch I'm trying to eat things that 'don't count'. :P
~Jaye

Nothing special in the weight loss arena. However, in the fitness arena I ran a 10 min mile yesterday! woohoo. It has been awhile since I could hold 6.0mph for 10 min straight!!!

YAY

In the gym 3-5 times a week building strength, and now am kicking cardio into high gear!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Nothing special in the weight loss arena. However, in the fitness arena I ran a 10 min mile yesterday! woohoo. It has been awhile since I could hold 6.0mph for 10 min straight!!!

YAY

In the gym 3-5 times a week building strength, and now am kicking cardio into high gear!

Hooray for your run time! Woo-hoo! :)
Keep going on the weights and cardio. You're doing the right thing. B|
~Jaye

In bad shape here. After doing another Psycho Wyco run through the battefields here in Yorktown, I think the offroad portion screwed up my knee. I've been having a sharp pain in my right leg just to the inside lower edge of my knee cap, and it just hasn't gotten much better. I'm trying to walk only as much as is necessary, and not running until I know it's better, but this could mean bad news if it doesn't heal quick. With a 10k coming up at the end of this month, I can't afford a long injury now.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

In bad shape here. After doing another Psycho Wyco run through the battefields here in Yorktown, I think the offroad portion screwed up my knee. I've been having a sharp pain in my right leg just to the inside lower edge of my knee cap, and it just hasn't gotten much better. I'm trying to walk only as much as is necessary, and not running until I know it's better, but this could mean bad news if it doesn't heal quick. With a 10k coming up at the end of this month, I can't afford a long injury now.

Ah crap...get it looked at right away. Knee injuries can be baaaad news. :(
~Jaye

Yeah, I've got a PT eval coming up Friday. If it's still hurting tomorrow night, I'm going to go to sick call Friday morning and get it looked at. No fucking around with this, but hopefully a little R&R and stretching gets it back to normal. It was feeling a bit better today, only a little pain if I landed real hard on my right foot. Tomorrow will be the telling point.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Update to my knee status. It felt noticeably better today, no real pain to speak of, but I also didn't try to do anything more than walk. I'm only feeling a little soreness this evening because I was on my feet all day doing plotting exercises. Tomorrow I'm going to try to opt out of the run if I know I won't be able to complete it, and stay in recovery mode unless I have good reason not to.

I moved to Russia earlier this year - I have hardly ever seen fewer fat and obese people, except in some African countries .... it reinforced my opinion that all most people need to do to lose weight is to follow the Absolutely Fabulous (English TV comedy) quote 'eat a little less and excercise a little more'

Main problem for me is that in the gym I go to (as good as anywhere I have been to anywhere in the world) there are not enough running machines (only 10 or so) - it is very common for people to spend 45 mins to an hour on a treadmill walking or running - normally prior to the cardiovascular work...

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

Walking or running on the treadmill (or elliptical, bike, etc......) IS the cardiovascular work, no?

I always do my cardio before any strength training- depending on the rest of the workout I have planned anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes. Lucky for me, the gyms I go to have a LOT of cardio equipment and the only place really lacking is the location closest to my house. I rarely have to wait for a machine.

If your gym has a shortage of cardio equipment, they should enforce a 30 minute time limit on the more popular machines.

Yeah, take it easy on it! Ice, ice ice...I know rest and elevation an' stuff, but ICE is your friend.

I am developing a lovely case of either strepp or bronchitis...unless it's possible for one to lead to the other. Then I think I have over acheived and developed both. B|

B| Fuck me...:S

~Jaye

Fuck you? That's always possible, but it might not go over well. :P

As for the knee, I didn't feel any real pain this morning, even when we double-timed it to the gym, so I warned my advisor that I might stop if it started hurting again, he said he wasn't too worried about me passing the run given my 9:47 on the 1.5 mile last time. So I started running at a nice easy pace, no pain, so I pushed it up a little to get with a guy who needed to pass the run this time having failed twice. Pushed him pretty hard, and he passed, and I completed the run without any significant pain. I'm a little sore right now because I walked around quite a bit after PT this morning, but a little rest and recovery tomorrow and I'll be good to go.

I did lose one more lb and am only about 10 away from my goal. Seems like these last few are the hardest and taking forever to lose.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Got room for me in this thread? I joined a gym last week and made it there 7 days in a row. I'm not real sure what to do with all those machines, but I'm trying. :)

There is always room for yoy granny! :)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

If they let me in they better let you in.

We just got back from a 3 mile walk.
I've kept to my schedule for weights. I also have been doing sets at random throughout the day (weights are in an unused bedroom).

The hard part is when I'm out on the road. I have a tennis ball to squeeze, I can do leglift/ab crunch things (sorta) from the driver seat if I'm on a quiet stretch of interstate. I use a bungee cord for arm exercises and can do pushups when I'm stopped.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo