LisaH

Earth Hour

Darn it...if I comment this whole thing will go to Speakers Corner and I don't wanna do that.........

:)

:o

:$

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

CHALLENGE TO EVERYONE

No logging on to dz.com for that hour. Can ya do it????

No.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

*runs around the apartment, plugs everything in, and turns everything on. cool. All the lights in my house are on, doh!!! stupid low energy cfl's! how am I supposed to burn energy when I have these in? .. oh. once done with this post, i am going to go turn my car on and let it idle for an hour. cool!!!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Seriously, I could log out for an hour. B|

What wager would you like to put on this?? You're quoted. :ph34r:

OK, I'm back. My stomach has settled down. :P

Not only could I log out of here, I'd log out of Facebook (gasp!!!) and even run the laptop on a battery for an hour or even TOTALLY power it off!!

I'll go give myself a facial and take a jacuzzi. :)
When are we supposed to do this?
Always be kinder than you feel.

The huge increase in battery usage for that one hour worldwide is probably going to produce an entire landfill full of dead batteries that will be there for forever. That is probably enough room for 100 nuclear power plant's waste for 100 years instead. Way to go!

P.S. In these hard economic times, why is everyone going to hate on the workers at the local power plant? Come on.... :P

all this envirometal stuff is mainly about being able to tax people, governments jump on the green wagon as it's easy money and a good excuse for taxes.

i'm surprised no-one has come up with a human carbon dioxide tax yet.

simply charge people for the aerage amount of carbon dioxide a human expells in a year. it's not like you can argue you don't breathe.

Air Tax. yes, that's what it should be called. and we can all have a disc stapled to our foreheads so government inspectors can see we've paid.
Dude #320
"Superstitious" is just a polite way of saying "incredibly fucking stupid".
DONK!

To help combat the unintelligent, I intend to do my part. I will make sure that I have every light on, and no need to worry, I have no CFL's. It is quite cold here today so I will turn my heat up all the way and open up all the windows ( don't want it to get too hot inside.) I also intend to leave my fridge door open. My tv will be on along with every other electrical device I can find. I'm going to have to go through the cabinets to see how many appliances I can find ( blender, mixer,etc) Everyone needs to pitch in and do their part. Really is one hour too much to sacrifice?

--------------------------------------------------
I am a greek midget