Cashmanimal

iPhucked up

Being the person who took every measure to not break my iPhone, you can imagine how incredibly pissed and heartbroken I am that I cracked my screen last night.

Didn't drop it, didn't drop anything on it, didn't even throw it or do anything fun. I heard it ringing, and reached for my pants that I had recently taken off for comfort reasons while I napped on my couch. Couldn't find my phone, so I figured it might have slid under the couch... I slide off the couch to look under and grab it, and the second my knee hit the ground, I heard the "pop" of my screen exploding... turns out, it WAS in my pants (which I had kneeled on because I have the knees of a 90 year old man).

ssssssiiiiiigggggggghhhhhh............ please let the thousands of dollars I spend in that store every year be cause for them to at least discount the $250 repair[:/]
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

please let the thousands of dollars I spend in that store every year be cause for them to at least discount the $250 repair[:/]

I hope that said store is not just a cell phone store?... :S
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

please let the thousands of dollars I spend in that store every year be cause for them to at least discount the $250 repair[:/]

I hope that said store is not just a cell phone store?... :S

By this, I would be referring to the Apple store.

Two Cinema displays, a G5, two MacBook Pro's, numerous external hard drives, phones, and repairs to keep the previously owned machines running...
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Whats an iPhone?

And did you post this pic because you wanted to show us your interior decorating skills?

:)

Ha! Unfortunately no, otherwise i would have held the phone a little lower to show how well spaced the three check-mark shelves are... gotta love Ikea.

Now this is why I use a Blackberry. Drop them and they keep on ticking. They are very tough and durable. Quite a few times I've dropped it on my tile floor, which will split your head open if you were to slip and fall yourself. :S Most of the time I was able to use my foot to deflect or soften the impact, and it'd go skittering across the floor.

It's got plenty of scuff and scratch marks on it. Still working great.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

+1 I beat the crap outa phones. Curve seems to hold up to abuse. Of course, I have an older 80 Gb Ipod that looks like I drove over it, but it still works great:S

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Now this is why I use a Blackberry. Drop them and they keep on ticking. They are very tough and durable. Quite a few times I've dropped it on my tile floor, which will split your head open if you were to slip and fall yourself. :S Most of the time I was able to use my foot to deflect or soften the impact, and it'd go skittering across the floor.

It's got plenty of scuff and scratch marks on it. Still working great.

It's ironic that I too have pulled the ol' drop-n-try-to-catch-it-with-your-feet many, many times with this phone. I have also given it multiple drops that i thought would crack the screen for sure, but it held up nicely with its rubber case. The ironic part being that a slothy roll off the couch is what broke it.

BUT..... GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

Apple acknowledged my good standing as a customer, and more importantly, a returning customer. The Apple representative basically walked me into getting a new phone.

"What exactly happened to the phone, sir? Dropping it is not considered normal use, which would not prompt us to give any price breaks."

That was basically my cue to pull the "I don't really know what happened, I might have leaned on a counter or railing. I just pulled it out of my pocket and it was cracked."

New (not refurb, not repaired) phone will be in the mail as soon as they receive mine.

THANK YOU APPLE :)