txhoss

P90X

So I am getting ready to start the P90X program. It comes on very solid recomendation from one of the guys that I jump with. Does anyone have any experience with the program or anything that would be good to know before I start?

Have Rig will travel ...

I would just start with the obvious- it will only work if you actually do it. Of all the many weight loss infommercials out there, this might be the only one I have seen that does not promise amazing results with almost no effort. It looks like a pretty good all around workout program.

That being said, I personally tend to do better working out at a gym. I have a lot of dvds and some equipment at home that is rarely used.

A guy at work used it for a few weeks and it kicked his ass. He fell off the wagon after a while, but still recommends it. We work 12 hour shifts and spend most of it walking (ICU nursing) and he just couldn't make the program work for him when he got home after all that. Since he works at least three days a week and the workout is six days a week, he can basically only do it 50% of the time.

Give it a shot, seems to work. STICK TO IT!

Elvisio "Gym? Who is this Jim guy you speak of" Rodriguez

P90X is the workout that is on the infomercials every now and then. It is home based and so a little room in front of the TV, some dumb bells, a pull up bar, some resistance bands are pretty much all that it requires.

I guess from the outside looking in the thing that makes it good (not physically having to go to the gym) is also its downfall.

It comes with a very extensive diet. Logically, if you are working out an hour a day and eating well you cant go wrong but i wanted to know anyone had first hand knowledge or advice.

Have Rig will travel ...

VERY intensive program. I got awesome results from it. If you can stick to it, you will be completely amazed.

Word of warning.

The Diet is HARDER than the workout and the workout is really freakin hard.
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

I've done the program for 1 1/2 Months now and the results are amazing. I Second what Mazz said about it being very intense program,but it is well worth the effort. I would take P90 over the gym any day. I have spoke with friends that have payed trainers in gyms and said that they have got far better results from 90x. Just do it you wont regret.
Go Out and Jump.

P90X is an amazing program....all i can say is have fun on the abs day, let me know if you can still move after that haha ;)

The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

So I am getting ready to start the P90X program.

Cool....don't forget to take a before and after photo...

It's also a good idea to have someone hold you accountable...that way they can make you feel like a loser if you start to puss out...Perhaps you can post your progress here.;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Since he works at least three days a week and the workout is six days a week, he can basically only do it 50% of the time.

For him it seems more like the P180X....:)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Well, I have completed day 5 and ... Holy crap this is just as intense as advertised.

As far as the ab workout, let's just say that I can only complete about 60% of it and I am a pretty in shape. Parts of me are hurting that I have never knew that I had. At the end I will post before and after pic's.

Have Rig will travel ...

Well, I have completed day 5 and ... Holy crap this is just as intense as advertised.

As far as the ab workout, let's just say that I can only complete about 60% of it and I am a pretty in shape. Parts of me are hurting that I have never knew that I had. At the end I will post before and after pic's.

How much did EVERYTHING cost to start up the program?

i am actually on week 3 myself and it only gets more intense and just keep at it once u get through the ab work out 100% start doing it with leg weights and hand weights..... Ill be posting mine as well... I was already in shape before p90x i just wanted to get my body to look the way i wanted it to.... good to hear someone else on it... it actually betters your life all together... with meals workout and yoga which relieves alot of stress....

also im bout to start a youtube account to show my results and give advice and feedback on what i eat, what i drink and just motivation stuff so ill post the link in here when i get time to do that...

i bought mine from a friend for 30 dollars hahaha i know alot cheaper than on tv if you looking for a copy ill send you a copy of each video and the books.....

Realistically you can spend as much as you wanted to to get started but here is my list:

*P90X Program off of craigslist - $90
*Dumbells - 5,8,12,15 pound off craigslist for $5. (gonna need more weight)
*Resistance Bands - $12
Recovery drink mix - $35
*Iron Gym door frame Pull up bar - $25
Yoga/Workout mat - $25
*=must have

I opted to get the entire P90X kit with the actual books and charts because I am snooty like that. Had I known then what I know now I would get one of the DVD only sets off of craiglist or ebay for $30 and download all of the documentation from the web (there is a place that I found later where you can get it all for $10).

Have Rig will travel ...