jbrinkman

ever get tired of telling the same story over and over?

about 2 months ago i decided to fly myself into the ground. luckily im okay and got away with only a broken femur....its been about 2 months and im recovering okay i guess. i can get around pretty well on one crutch and walk with a limp. knee and quads arent strong yet. Anwyays, now for whats been on my mind....

I try to go out every once in a while. i goto the gym everyday, hit a bar here and there and this weekend went to a club in vegas. everywhere i go i meet new people and they ask the same damn question"WHAT HAPPENED?". im so sick of telling people i was skydiving. first it gets really old trying to tell a whuffo what happened especially without giving the sport a bad name. im always sure to tell them i was trying to be cool and it was not an equipment error. even if i meet an attractive woman, i hate telling the story. im somewhat of a modest guy and bragging about skydiving isnt something i need t o do do in order to hook up with someone. i dont even like talking about jumping because the way i see it, if someone wants to do it, theyll work up the balls to do it themselves like we all did. ok now im going off. anyways, through my encounters, i always meet one bitter female or some jealous dude that accuse me of faking my injury for the sake of attention. Im appalled that anyone would have the nerve to think that. The men/women that think that seriously must have something wrong with them because i absolutely love carrying around a crutch for hours at a time and limping all over the place. im a handsome interesting enough guy to where i dont need a crutch start talking to girls. so at vegas, this trick grabs me from behind and then says , " hey nice prop" Im like wtf?!?! i got pretty irritated and exchanged a few words and eventually blew her off. yeah she was cute but she was a major beotch. I try not to tell people how i broke myself off. i avoid it for my sanity but every now and then someone asks so at this point im making up stories for my amusement. ive come up with a few that are obviously not true but it makes the whole thing entertaining for me. So if anyone has is is going through the same thing, what would/do/did you do? Or if ou just want to give me any ideas for cool stories i could tell:)

thanks for listening to me rant
Live Love Learn FLY

FADE IN:

INT. BAR - NIGHT

BRINKMAN, mid-20s, limps in with the aid of a crutch. A GIRL spots him.

GIRL
What happened?

BRINKMAN
I broke my leg.

GIRL
Oh! That's horrible! How?

BRINKMAN
It came into contact with the ground at high speed.

GIRL
Oh. What were you doing?

BRINKMAN
I was approaching the ground at high speed.

GIRL
No silly! I mean why were you going at high speed?

BRINKMAN
Are you familiar with the gravitational constant of 32 feet per second per second?

GIRL
Uh . . .

BRINKMAN
Hey, you seem exactly bright enough. Wanna fuck?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

FADE IN:

INT. BAR - NIGHT

GIRL
What happened?

BRINKMAN
I broke my leg.

GIRL

BRINKMAN
I broke it tryin' to kick myself in the ass for not asking you earlier.

GIRL
Oh... What were you going to ask me?

BRINKMAN
Wanna fuck?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Well, if you're going to just cut to the chase, cut to the chase.

FADE IN:

INT. BAR - NIGHT

GIRL
What happened?

BRINKMAN
I'll tell ya afterwards during "cuddle time." Wanna fuck?

Me, personally, I needed the foreplay.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

im a handsome interesting enough guy to where i dont need a crutch start talking to girls.

I'm an ugly, boring guy. If you're not using that crutch, can I borrow it for a while?

:D

Me next ..... unless the wife finds out

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

FADE IN:

INT. BAR - NIGHT

GIRL
What happened?

BRINKMAN
I broke my leg.

GIRL

BRINKMAN
It came into contact with the ground at high speed.

GIRL
Oh. What were you doing?

BRINKMAN
I was approaching the ground at high speed.

GIRL
No silly! I mean why were you going at high speed?

BRINKMAN
Are you familiar with the gravitational constant of 32 feet per second per second?

GIRL
Uh . . .

BRINKMAN
Hey, you seem exactly bright enough. Wanna fuck?

I like this answer the best... in fact when I broke my hand (I know not obvous or intense as a broken leg) I usually explained it as I had a disagreement with the ground... I thought I should keep moving in a particular direction... the ground wanted me to stop... I lost the arguement...

Look on the bright side... it could be worse... you could have broken your leg golfing... :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Congratulations, you have reached the next stage of skydiving-whuffo relations! You've graduated from the "must tell EVERYONE about skydiving" to the "I'll tell em if they really want to know" stage. This stage is often characterized by describing injuries via euphemisms i.e. "well, I was getting out of an airplane and I fell awkwardly."

Congratulations, you have reached the next stage of skydiving-whuffo relations! You've graduated from the "must tell EVERYONE about skydiving" to the "I'll tell em if they really want to know" stage. This stage is often characterized by describing injuries via euphemisms i.e. "well, I was getting out of an airplane and I fell awkwardly."

"I fell out of a tree" then if they ask why I was in a tree I'll put the "I flew my parachute into it" part.

There are multiple stages to this progression. I think a final stage is "denying being a skydiver even when being waterboarded."