Andy_Copland

Got Pulled Over

Following the boss with my friend driving us we accidentally blew a red trying to keep up, i'm being fully honest when i say he was racking his head around trying to even see the light.

Pulled over and cop asks for my ID. I'm not "technically" allowed to be in the US or even work, so he ran my ID and started asking me questions about how long id been here, why after 2 years i didnt have an SS number. In my own head id already said "alright Andy, time to go to jail then get deported, its been fun" but i'm guessing they don't have any computers linked to the immigration... as he would ahve known im 2 years over my visa... And he let my buddy off the ticket. Lucky break i guess, he was a good cop and was totally laid back.

Oh, and i also saved a turtle from cars and put him in a creek. Who wants to have a shot at identifying him :)

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Lucky, you could be on your way back to Mexico right about now!

And I believe that turtles name is Stan, He escaped from my yard when I was 5.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Lucky, you could be on your way back to Mexico right about now!

And I believe that turtles name is Stan, He escaped from my yard when I was 5.

Nope. That is George. He left when I was 11.

Glad everything worked out ok Andy. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Following the boss with my friend driving us we accidentally blew a red trying to keep up, i'm being fully honest when i say he was racking his head around trying to even see the light.

Pulled over and cop asks for my ID. I'm not "technically" allowed to be in the US or even work, so he ran my ID and started asking me questions about how long id been here, why after 2 years i didnt have an SS number. In my own head id already said "alright Andy, time to go to jail then get deported, its been fun" but i'm guessing they don't have any computers linked to the immigration... as he would ahve known im 2 years over my visa... And he let my buddy off the ticket. Lucky break i guess, he was a good cop and was totally laid back.

Oh, and i also saved a turtle from cars and put him in a creek. Who wants to have a shot at identifying him :)

I don't think anything accidently gets blown. :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

Damn Kougars :P

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

That's not true. She thought I was someone else. Therefore I was accidentally blown. :D:D

Pulled over and cop asks for my ID. I'm not "technically" allowed to be in the US or even work, so he ran my ID and started asking me questions about how long id been here, why after 2 years i didnt have an SS number. In my own head id already said "alright Andy, time to go to jail then get deported, its been fun" but i'm guessing they don't have any computers linked to the immigration... as he would ahve known im 2 years over my visa...

]

Good thing you didn't put this info on the "net" for all to see! :P
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Why did the cop ID check the passenger?

I dont know why/how they do it or allowed, maybe someone else could enlighten us, but it's happened to me quite a few times. The other night i did something stupid and my buddy Josh happened to be with me and the cop let both of us have it. Took both our IDs, ran em both, put our hands behind our backs and searched us. I felt terrible for Josh as he just happened to be there. Of course we werent doing anything wrong so they let us go. It's a good thing the illegal wasnt with us that night or he would've been deported for sure :P
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

That's not true. She thought I was someone else. Therefore I was accidentally blown. :D:D

Marie Osmond blew you?? :P

I'm not "technically" allowed to be in the US...

I don't know what kind of turtle that is, but you have my permission to stay in America, as long as you're willing to rescue turtles. ;)

You'll find that most LEO have more important things to do then worry about immigration status. That is unless you're arrested for some other offense or ICE has an immigration warrant out on you.

On the flip side, aren't traffic cops assholes? With their nice motorcycles, shiny boots and helmets?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Damn Kougars :P

The new term is "SophistiCat". ;):D

iirc standard s.o.p. on a traffic stop. is to id everyone in the car. regardless. any law dogs want to clarify?
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

You'll find that most LEO have more important things to do then worry about immigration status. That is unless you're arrested for some other offense or ICE has an immigration warrant out on you.

On the flip side, aren't traffic cops assholes? With their nice motorcycles, shiny boots and helmets?

In New Jersey, when the cop/trooper/special agent/whomever is typing a complaint for an indictable offense in our e-CDR (Electronic Complaint Disposition Report) system, a window will pop up right before complaint printing that asks the officer if there's reason to believe the defendant in an illegal immigrant.

If they check no, proceed as usual. If they check yes, ICE needs to be notified for a status check.

God, I hate thinking about work at 11:30 at night...

:P