Heatmiser

I love Scotch....

so is that the best one you have had? I dont know much about scotch, what others are good?

Johnny Walker Blue.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

To date, yes it is. I love to try new things, though. As far as Glenrothes is concerned, it is probably their mid line scotch. Complex, fruity nose, (at least when I stick my honker in it I smell fruit, and something woody) Very nice finish, not bitter. The more I try, the more I can pick out the different flavors in the whiskey I like, and don't. Same as any other achohol, I guess. The more you try, the more you notice things about it. I am recent to scotch, and am really enjoying learning about it. :)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

so is that the best one you have had? I dont know much about scotch, what others are good?

Johnny Walker Blue.

Try Gold label` better scotch, 1/2 the price.

3 of my faves:

Highland park 18
Talisker 17
Balvenie 12
slante!
J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Very over hyped! It's a blend and doesn't carry the flavor or smooth sippin that a good single malt will bring you.

Off course there are those that prefer a blend over single malts, me being one of them.

And of all the JW in my bar, I prefer green label the most.

Off course there are those that prefer a blend over single malts, me being one of them.

And I prefer Kraft Dinner over home-made mac-n-cheese with high-quality pasta and cheddar, but that doesn't make me any less of a heathen barbarian.

I've tried a handful of skotches (single malts and blends) and my favorite so far is Cragganmore.

I'm always in the mood to try a new skotch (and a cigar) so if anyone has any reccomendations like, "If you like _____ (Cragganmore) you should definately try_______" then please post them so we can all expand our horizons a bit.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

... And if you want a good cigar that goes with just about any skotch, try an Ashton VSG. It's by far, one of my favorites.

Sorry, I guess I'm pulling this thread a bit off track... back to the skotch talk!

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!