iluvtofly

Guys: Does a strong, independent woman scare you?

(Yes, a woman is saying that cycle timing DOES matter... there ARE times that you feel less emotionally strong)

This is shocking:

How well their motorcycle is running effects their emotions? :o
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

(Yes, a woman is saying that cycle timing DOES matter... there ARE times that you feel less emotionally strong)

This is shocking:

How well their motorcycle is running effects their emotions? :o

Of course, silly. I get all sad when my Harley isn't giving that beautiful deep noise that she moans so well.

My wife and I have been together for 14 years. For the longest time, she was extremely dependent, by that I mean that she was very uncomfortable doing anything apart. Only in the last year or two has she started to find her identity, apart from wife and mom. I find it extremely desirable and attractive. :)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

I think that is all great stuff. It's cool to see that there are women out there who do in fact both have a pulse and are independent. Well done.

On the other hand, I absolutely despise it when a woman/group of women feels as if they have to rub in my face. (This would be similar to when a guy/group of guys feels as if they have to rub their independence or strength in a woman's face)

Statements like "guys are intimidated by the fact that I jump" or "we skydiver women are here to prove a point, and that is that women are as capable as men are in high-adrenaline sports" are unnecessary, I think. (Yet I think it is great that there are women who like to skydive. I wish more did)

I think that is all great stuff. It's cool to see that there are women out there who do in fact both have a pulse and are independent. Well done.

On the other hand, I absolutely despise it when a woman/group of women feels as if they have to rub in my face. (This would be similar to when a guy/group of guys feels as if they have to rub their independence or strength in a woman's face)

Statements like "guys are intimidated by the fact that I jump" or "we skydiver women are here to prove a point, and that is that women are as capable as men are in high-adrenaline sports" are unnecessary, I think. (Yet I think it is great that there are women who like to skydive. I wish more did)

Jan? Is this you? :P

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Although this poll is for the guys, I'll have to weigh in on it. Many guys say they want a strong, independent woman. But when it comes right down to it, most guys marry frumpy, overweight, wallflower-type women because their own fragile ego/self-image cannot handle a woman who is any more than that. It's like guys drooling over that shiny Corvette and end up buying a mini-van or a station wagon. Maybe deep down inside they just realize that the Corvette is waaaay too much car for them.

Sad, really. :(

BN

I think I love you!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

O

Although this poll is for the guys, I'll have to weigh in on it. Many guys say they want a strong, independent woman. But when it comes right down to it, most guys marry frumpy, overweight, wallflower-type women because their own fragile ego/self-image cannot handle a woman who is any more than that. It's like guys drooling over that shiny Corvette and end up buying a mini-van or a station wagon. Maybe deep down inside they just realize that the Corvette is waaaay too much car for them.

I think that a man often wants a spouse, who makes him feel comfortable and fits in with his lifestyle. After all, if he's going to be around this woman for the rest of his life, he wants his wife to be down-to-earth and a girl-next-door type. That means picking a girl who is real and whom he can relate to, and it has to be a girl that he can bring home to his mother. The same holds true for many women.

I also think that the guys who go for the "corvette", often just want a shiny new toy to play with. This guy is always looking for the newest or the hottest model. That's not necessarily the kind of guy that a woman would want to be her husband, is it?

What about finding a happy medium? I'd like to meet the male equivalent of whatever is in between the reliable and the flashy: someone with traits of both the dependable and the luxury car. I mean that in a human form, of course. :D

I would not consider myself a girlie girl, nor would I consider myself overly independent. I would consider myself to be somewhere in the middle of the two. However, I have found that sometimes I scare guys off with how independent I am.

With the exception of a job interview or big night out I don't take 2 hours to get ready. I know how to check/fill the fluids in my car, change a tire, drive a stick and I just got done mowing the lawn. I have my own tool box complete with power drill. I grew up around power tools and know how to use pretty much all of them.

However, there are still times when it's nice to have a guy around to help with big projects. And it's also nice to every so often have a guy pamper me for a day and feel all girlie.

So what do you look for as far as level of independence?

And too the women...would you consider your self more or less independent?

No, women like that do not scare me. Women that are fickle...that change their minds as if it were the breeze...that say one thing and do another...that can not make up their mind, or suddenly decide to act "out"...they scare me. I would imagine the same characteristics in a man would scare any woman.

Women that are strong and independent display self confidence. They, on average, know what they want. I don't need to tell her anything. I don't have to guess with her - it's about enjoying life together. I guess, in some sense x2 "strong, independence", is associated with less reliance on one party (or the other).

It's not that we don't need each other, but, instead we want each other. My god, that's corny.

Oh, and while I'm at it, she should be gorgeous and able to kick my ass, physically. In leather, or something equally enjoyable.

Please, God?

Amen.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

This is encouraging! There is the occasional mockery and the bravado, but for the most part, you guys are relatively decent - 83% can handle a "strong, independent woman", at least in theory :)
Real life tells us otherwise, but I'll enjoy those results for a minute :)
O

But can you handle us? ;)

it has to be a girl that he can bring home to his mother.

2 things:

* The girl just has to be able to give the impression of being "good" and "normal" to his mom.

* The older he gets, the less critical his mom gets... :P