soulbabel

Things to do in Colorado?

I'll be flying to Denver July 10, and doing some flying in the tunnel for a good bit of time. I'll be flying back on the 20th, so I have 10 days to fill with activities and was hoping for suggestions.

I'm definitely gonna pass by the dropzone at least once, but I'm also thinking some white water rafting (any suggestions on the river? Royal Gorge?). Not sure what else to do outside of that. Are there any good sushi restaurants in Denver, being so far from the ocean? I'm open to any suggestions, let me know what you think.

For sushi, check out Domo: http://www.domorestaurant.com/ It's more "Country Style Sushi" as opposed to the "City Style" that you're used to. It's a great time of year to sit outside in their garden too. It's more of a full service Japanese restaurant as opposed to just a sushi bar.

And for the love of god don't leave Denver without going to Lucile's Creole Cafe http://www.luciles.com/ for breakfast / brunch. It's seriously one of my favorite restaurants in the country. I was just through there two days ago on a road trip and I wasn't able to stop. There's locations all over the state, but the one in Boulder is in a nice converted home. The one in Denver has a liquor license and they have the best Bloody Mary's in town (no liquor license at the one in Boulder). Also, consider trying their Cuban OJ if you like your brunch with a little more booze ;) You're going to have to wait for a table, especially on the weekends, but, it's SO worth the wait.