billeisele

Elton John: Like His Work?

great documentary about Elton and Bernie on tonite

Goodbye Norma Jean, Rocket Man and all the other great tunes are being played

almost impossible to believe: it took him less than an hour to write the music for each song after Bernie wrote the words
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

great documentary about Elton and Bernie on tonite

Goodbye Norma Jean, Rocket Man and all the other great tunes are being played

almost impossible to believe: it took him less than an hour to write the music for each song after Bernie wrote the words

I particularly like some of his earlier stuff. Like, "Tumbleweed Connection" and the soundtrack from "Friends" up to about the "Madman...." album. I got to see him in concert a few years back. I was initially a little disappointed to hear that he would perform without his band that night. It didn't take long into the concert to realize that is the best way, IMO, to hear him. Totally informal and adlibbed. He had the place rockin'.

I was just discussing this with a certain musically-sheltered youngster friend of mine last night. I put Elton in my "Up until..." category. (That's for artists who I find interesting up until a certain point in time.)

Elton John is alongside Rod Stewart, Billy Joel and David Bowie in my
"Up Until the '80's" File.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

I was just discussing this with a certain musically-sheltered youngster friend of mine last night. I put Elton in my "Up until..." category. (That's for artists who I find interesting up until a certain point in time.)

Elton John is alongside Rod Stewart, Billy Joel and David Bowie in my
"Up Until the '80's" File.

Can't disagree with this in any way. :P
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

I saw him in as a kid in '72, maybe '73, still lean and mean and rocking hard. He was pretty good then. He's always had a talent in writing "hooks" into his songs. Too many of them have been played to death, though, so I rarely seek out his greatest hits.:D I think digging out "Mad man across the water" might be a listen well spent.:)