shropshire

For motorcycle fans - II

i've wanted a Monster for a while, the low seat height makes it one of the few "rockets" i can ride comfortably. Actually, i can fit on all of Ducati's bikes (well, except the Multistradas). Italians must be short. :P

Though i must say, several of the Japanese makers have been steadily lowering their superbike seat heights, as well. I was shocked when i could sit on all of the 2008 GSXRs and touch both feet.

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

You're right ... I've had 4 Italian bikes (900ss Desmo Darhma, 600 monster, MotoGuzzi 850 Lemans and a Laverda 750S) and all had low seat heights (I have a 28" inside leg!!).

I've also had 2 Yam R6s and they're low too..... fantastic bikes all of them.

But this new Duke is gorgeous.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

i've wanted a Monster for a while, the low seat height makes it one of the few "rockets" i can ride comfortably.

:)Seat hight??? You only need to stop once in a while for gas anyway... stop your bitchen and ride.
:)
Seriously though, I've found it more comfy on the larger bikes because I'm more streached out. The 600 class bikes have more than ample power/performance, but, I'm all crunched up and longer rides tend to be less than comfortable.

That's whats really nice about today's bikes... there's something for everyone.

Twisty roads under blue skies!
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

when you have a 27" inseam, seat height matters...a lot :P

Oh, and there's no "stretching out" for me, either. That's due to the 13" torso length (waist to nape of my neck).

yeah, i'm fuckin' short. Unless i get a ducati, i'm relegated to standard style bikes, or 250s or 400s disguised as sportbikes :P

That being said, my next will be a 750-ish of some sort. be it a GSXR, or a Duc...

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

when you have a 27" inseam, seat height matters...a lot :P

Oh, and there's no "stretching out" for me, either. That's due to the 13" torso length (waist to nape of my neck).

yeah, i'm fuckin' short. Unless i get a ducati, i'm relegated to standard style bikes, or 250s or 400s disguised as sportbikes :P

That being said, my next will be a 750-ish of some sort. be it a GSXR, or a Duc...

We're NOT short .... everyone else is abnormal!! - Tain't natural

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome