skydiverbry

Countdown

Going cold turkey or getting any help from nicotine patches/chewing gums etc????
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Cold turkey!!!!
I've used patches,gum Wellbutrin,Chantix..everything in the past.I figured the only way to do it is to just stop and do it..
Christine is quiting with me so....we'll more then likely end up killing each other or just have a mass murder:):D:D:D

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

we'll more then likely end up killing each other or just have a mass murder:):D:D:D

Bry

I do know of the policy here in the Bonfire, but I have to say this.....
Man... If you do own any guns... Get rid of them first!!!! :o

:D:D:D
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
dudeist skydiver # 19515

And you can't even out run her :D:D:D:D

dudeist skydiver # 19515

Ther'es that funny guy again:D:D:D

Worst part is you speak the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bry

Maybe I should wait until I get my knee fixed so I have a fighting chance at running away..hmmmmmm:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

You could always try the old "hide under the bed and hope she won't find you" trick :D:D:D:D

dudeist skydiver # 19515

Ya,like that would work..any way I don't think I could crawl under the bed anyways:D:D:D:D.

It would take me too long to hobble up the steps...she'd catch me on the stair way:o

Bry

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I quit again two weeks ago. I have also used everthing in the world to quit. This time I am highly motivated by not being able to breathe. It is amazing how not being able to breathe makes you want to quit smoking. Wellbutrin was strange - i still smoked I just didn't give a shit. Sat around drooling all day but continued to smoke. This Nicotrol inhaler has worked the best for me. It kills the craving and also is a little unpleasant because it burns the inside of your mouth - slightly. You need a prescription to get it.
Edit: Cutting down on your caffeine will help with irritability.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Wellbutrin got rid of my cravings for smoking.The only problem was when I was takin it I didn't want to smoke but I was planning on selling my house,buying guns,wanted to move to a cabin in the woods,quit my job and well..Uni bomber shit.It was making me just slightly pychotic:S
Chantix worked as long as I was taking it as soon as I stopped I was back on it...but I did not REALLY want to quit them....So this time it is cold turkey,plus my wife is quiting also:)
Support will make the difference this time I'm hoping:)

Bry

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

10 days and all the chemicals are out of your body!
After that it is all in your head, your worst enemy.
Good luck, I hope you really want it. Cause your head is going to phuck with you. I have quite for over two years twice!
Read icculus, the helping freindly book.

Thanks...Gonna need all the luck and support I can!!!:)
Bry

Wrong! The very first thing you need is motivation! Without it all your efforts are moot! Quitting with the wife should offer all kinds of motivation: Mutual support, for her, for me so I can be with her longer, for economic reasons, or for selfish reasons (I can't let that woman beat me).

Next you need support, & I'm reasonably sure you know where you can get some of that....

Finally, you need to break the ceremony of smoking. The entire act of smoking; reaching for the pack, tapping one out, lighting it, replacing the pack and lighter, inhaling, exhaling, tapping the ashes into the ashtray, & finally extinguishing the butt has become a very well practice, VERY FAMILIAR series of movements.

It's been just over 7 months for me & I still miss the ceremony somewhat, especially when I sit down in the morning with my 2nd cup of coffee! Driving is starting to get easier, though! It's been at least a month since the last time I started digging in the console after the 1st stop sign. :S Funny thing is, I'm starting to smell the ashtray in my truck now... :|
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Thanks...Gonna need all the luck and support I can!!!:)
Bry

Wrong! The very first thing you need is motivation! Without it all your efforts are moot! Quitting with the wife should offer all kinds of motivation: Mutual support, for her, for me so I can be with her longer, for economic reasons, or for selfish reasons (I can't let that woman beat me).

Next you need support, & I'm reasonably sure you know where you can get some of that....

Finally, you need to break the ceremony of smoking. The entire act of smoking; reaching for the pack, tapping one out, lighting it, replacing the pack and lighter, inhaling, exhaling, tapping the ashes into the ashtray, & finally extinguishing the butt has become a very well practice, VERY FAMILIAR series of movements.

It's been just over 7 months for me & I still miss the ceremony somewhat, especially when I sit down in the morning with my 2nd cup of coffee! Driving is starting to get easier, though! It's been at least a month since the last time I started digging in the console after the 1st stop sign. :S Funny thing is, I'm starting to smell the ashtray in my truck now... :|

+1 on that big time.

I spent about 2 weeks quitting the habits around smoking before I actually quit.
I stopped smoking in the car, in the bathroom before my shower, while watching tv, all that stuff.

Right before I quit, I was down to about 3-4 per day, and mostly around the side of the house (picked a place I wouldn't have to be a lot after I quit). I wasn't smoking before bed or after meals.
It wasn't easy reaching that point, but it gave me a preview (and some practice) of what quitting would be like, and meant I only had to deal with the physical addiction, having dealt (mostly) with the psychological side already.

It will be 10 years in October, and I still want one on occaision.

Good luck with it.

And if you relapse, don't just "quit quitting". A lot of people have to quit several times before it finally sticks.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

And at that time you'll be asleep, I hope. That way when you wake up, you'll already be an ex-smoker.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

One way of looking at it!!!
I'm really lookinf forward to being an ex-smoker...Like they say "When you're sick and tired of being sick and tired"

Bry

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Good luck!

Last time my hubby and I tried to quit he was such an ugly beast - I think I actually pushed him into having a smoke so he'd be nice.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?