cocheese

Who is pissed that you jump?

My mom still hates that I jump. I don't talk about it to her, but she has to realize that I do often. When I made my first jump she was supportive, but after the 2nd she wasn't. She tried to turn the family against me and I stopped talking to her for a little over 6 months. Now she finally realizes that I have been independent from her since I was 17 and there is nothing she can say or do to prevent me from doing what I like to do. We get along pretty fine now and she seems okay that I am going to marry a fellow skydiver.

My boss ... few of my co-workers ... some of my "whoffo" friends stopped talking to me ... apparently, my passion and the fact that it makes me happy bothers a lot of people ...

O

Then they don't look like real Friends .... but it's still a shame:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

At first my Mom was very much against it...that is until she did a jump last Thanksgiving and now she's very supportive. I'm lucky that my family and coworkers are supportive, even though I keep hearing from them, "I'll never do that!"

My boyfriend took his Mom on a tandem a few weeks ago. She loved it and wants to do it again. When she told her husband, he was PISSED. He's finally calmed down a bit and ok with it now. It makes little sense to me why someone who is a cop and a veteran (who risks their own life everyday) would feel that way.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

Aaaah, that rocks!

B|

My parents hate it, and will not watch video of me skydiving. But I'll get a friend to take some pictures of me in freefall that I'll print out and put in a frame and give them, so they'll see that I enjoy myself.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

I feel lucky that my family has been generallysupportive of my sky diving, or at worst neutral. For a number of years I was headed down a pretty self-destructive path and I started jumping around the same time that I made some other positive changes in my life. They see sky diving as part of what helped me turn things around, and I think they're right. :)
Doug

Family's cool with it. Granny, Pops, ex-GF, Uncle and his wife all did a tandem last fall!! LOVED it!!

Granny is NOT the biggest fan of me BASE jumping though. I love her and understand how much she cares. . .She also HATES me rock climbing just as much but has been dealing with that for the last 15years. . .

Some friends meh. . .they just don't get it. . .
and others who have no business in my business get
this. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNeUlZljTLk&feature=channel_page

B|

If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Your mom goes HandHeld

My mom doesn't see what the big deal is - she loves to tell people about her jump (she came with me on my first IAD jump and went just before me B|).

My friends either think it's cool, or think I'm a bit nuts, but everyone knows it makes me happy so they're all for it.

The only person who gets upset about it is my ex's mom!! She loves me to pieces and thinks it's an unnecessary risk.. But then she thinks living in London is dangerous and worries about me in the "Big Smoke".. I would prefer it sometimes if she were a bit more laid back like my own mom, but she only worries out of love and concern so it's kinda sweet.

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

well - evidently a bunch (a small bunch - including a skydiver that jumps somewhere else) that live by the south end of our airport

Ah ha ha!! Did you have an off-landing one too many times?! :P

Edit: spelling :$
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

see the thread
>>Poll: Should a USPA member who is suing to shutdown a USPA Group Member Drop Zone be allowed to jump at any USPA Group Member Drop Zone?
in general skydiving discussions.

Umm.. Yeah.. Wow.. :S
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss