nipp1e_boy

Need help with project - 3 ring releases

Hi,
Does anyone know a reliable source for 3-ring releases? I need 4 and maybe 8 for a revolutionary project I'm working on.
I am looking for experienced jumpers (100 jumps and over) preferably jumping smaller gear to volunteer for the project. If you or anyone you know would like to help please let me know.
Trust me, if thsi works its gonna revolutionize skydiving training.

Thanks

Nipple Boy
A-19820
"Safety First! Fun Forever!"

Try looking up Bill Booth, the inventor of the 3-ring system. I'm sure he'd be interested in your ideas and even getting them to market quicker than yourself alone.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Oh,oh,oh, pick me!!!I'll even downsize to a 97 Stiletto to be able to help!!!!!

Bry

Does the word "Kamikaze" ring any bell?????? :o:o:o
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Hey!!! Lok how well me and my last Stiletto got along.
I know it was a wussie 150 but she treated me fine:S

Hell,I still feel her presence to this dayB|:D:D:D:D
(Bry limps away)

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Shit!! A 34...I'll get out my hanky,tie some Dacron lines and see ya up there and I don't even use a reserve...reserves are for pussiesB|:D:D:D:D:D:D

Bry

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Hey all I have laying around was Dacron...in fact to make it more of a real thing I'm just gonna use some hemp lines;)B|:D:D:D:D

Bry

Dragon lines I meanB|

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Does anyone know a reliable source for 3-ring releases? I need 4 and maybe 8 for a revolutionary project I'm working on. I am looking for experienced jumpers (100 jumps and over) preferably jumping smaller gear to volunteer for the project.

Do they have to be airworthy? Any old rigger ought to have a box of old risers laying around.

What do the volunteers have to do?

Does anyone know a reliable source for 3-ring releases? I need 4 and maybe 8 for a revolutionary project I'm working on. I am looking for experienced jumpers (100 jumps and over) preferably jumping smaller gear to volunteer for the project.

Do they have to be airworthy? Any old rigger ought to have a box of old risers laying around.

Ahem - nipple boy strikes again!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Thanks for the response, I've contacted a couple of riser makers, but I havent heard back yet.

I've begin the process of getting a patent on this idea so I think its ok to disclose. I call my new trainign method IAFFUC - Instructor Assisted Freefall and Flight under Canopy. The reason why recent AFF grads suck at canopy flight and static liners suck at freefall i sbecause th etraining methods focus on one area only.

My new method is based on a new training design - the Detachable Tandem Harness and Container.

The DTHC is a modification to existing H&C - four rings are attached to the harness like a tandem harness. The existing container remains in place but has to be a bit small or flat. I recentl ycame across the BaseR and think it's ideal for this application.

Then, the instructor harness is modifed to include 4 attachments via 3-rign and cable release and a static line to the main container. The cable releases are connected to a single handle on hte instructors hip.

My incredible design combines Bill Booth's Skyhook with the BaseR and the latest tandem technology.

Now when a student needs to learn you simply put a BaseR on them, hook them up to the instructor and do a tandem exit. The instructor deploys the dogue and instruction proceeeds like in an IAF jump. Then at around 9000 feet the instrctor deploys the main and the pair is under the instructors canopy.

When its time to teach the student about canopy flight and flying the pattern (very necessary today with yahoos landing all directions)- the instructor can point out the LZ, tell the student what to do and then pull the cutaway which lets teh student fall off and the skyhook deploys the student main. As th estudent progress you add a throwout.

I thiink this is an idea whcih will result in th efollowing benefits:

1. Cool new technology (added bonus - easy to do Mr. Bill jumps).
2. Improved student skills in freefall and under canopy
3. Improved tandem safety as student can be ejected from malfunctioning tandem main.
4. Improved tandem instructor morale as tandem I can now jump pocket rocket since he is jumping tandem but landing solo.

Any thoughts and feedback? Any volunteers to go in front of my new system?

Thanks!

Nipple Boy
A-19820

Yeah, smartass, I'll volunteer, if I don't have to sign a waiver. In fact, you will have to sign a document, which I will prepare, called...mmm...a "Consent to Be Sued" document. Oh, and don't worry about patent infringement - nobody really takes that silly shit seriously.

Nipple boy lives on. Let's manifest.

I think it's an interesting idea. One positive aspect is that if a student is particularly scared, the instructor can keep them attached. It'll ruin his swoop, but it won't happen very often. And if the student pukes on the instructor, he can immediately be jettisoned.

I think that a particularly accurate altimeter has to be required for the instructor, though, because it would be very embarrassing for the student to be disconnected too low for his main to deploy.

I hope you appreciate these critiques in the constructive spirit in which they are offered.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

One positive aspect is that if a student is particularly scared, the instructor can keep them attached. It'll ruin his swoop, but it won't happen very often.

how can it ruin his swoop ? he is almost doubling the wingloading :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

And if the student pukes on the instructor, he can immediately be jettisoned.

not that i am a tandem-master, but if i listen to some talking, for them to keep their fun on any given work-jump, they can literally get rid of those students they're sick and tired off. now, that would probably mean a whole lot of off-landings with female tandem-students, since their curvy figures would possibly make your system prone to fail; so if the tandem-master experiences serious problems and cant release the [female] passenger, an off-landings is acceptable, since those tissues tend to drop from the sky as if they were still in freefall..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I think it's an interesting idea. One positive aspect is that if a student is particularly scared, the instructor can keep them attached. It'll ruin his swoop, but it won't happen very often. And if the student pukes on the instructor, he can immediately be jettisoned.

I think that a particularly accurate altimeter has to be required for the instructor, though, because it would be very embarrassing for the student to be disconnected too low for his main to deploy.

I hope you appreciate these critiques in the constructive spirit in which they are offered.

Wendy P.

Thanks for the positive feedback it is really helpful. I think your missing a key feature of the new system - it's a BaseR-type rig for the student coupled with the skyhook. Altitude no longer should be a concern. The student can be released at almost any time. This may also be helpful for BASE training though its harder to find BASE TIs these days.

About puking by the time the student has puked on you its too late. But in a scenario where the first chunks have just started to fly a quick cutaway might help matters. If nothing else it should scare the student into sh*tting themselves instead of barfing all over you. Been there done that!

Nipple Boy
A-19820

And if the student pukes on the instructor, he can immediately be jettisoned.

not that i am a tandem-master, but if i listen to some talking, for them to keep their fun on any given work-jump, they can literally get rid of those students they're sick and tired off. now, that would probably mean a whole lot of off-landings with female tandem-students, since their curvy figures would possibly make your system prone to fail; so if the tandem-master experiences serious problems and cant release the [female] passenger, an off-landings is acceptable, since those tissues tend to drop from the sky as if they were still in freefall..

What a s*tty attitude! Your first responsibility as an instructor should be to your student. THat beign said, student size has nothing to do with it. Have you heard of heavier jumpers having aharder time cutting away?

I never let the appearance of my students affect my judgement. If I feel someone is datable, make sure they are no longer a student. Either get their paperwork done quickly or give them the TUB speech and offer to go to the lanes with them.

Nipple Boy
A-19820

Actually, the BaseR rig is not that flat, it's quite big and bulky. If you want a low profile rig, you should go with Morpheus Technologies WSX-treme, Razor or Adrenalinbase Hybrid LD, now those rigs are truely low profile..

But who's gonna do the packing? It's BASE gear with BASE canopies after all and overall more complications for the student instead of just jumping a skydiving rig..

This is an interesting idea, but really not worth all the hassle, you can talk about flight patterns and how to fly on the ground.. There's specific canopy courses if you want to get better at canopy flight..

How would this idea work anyway, would it be done pre, during or post AFF? Would it be mandatory, would it add extra costs? Again, too much hassle and it doesn't seem like it would bring enough good rezults.. However, I'm all for making it a good Mr. Bill system! B|

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean