skydiverbry

Relationships suck....

I too cutaway last year. My new main is wayyy more maneuverable, goes DOWN fast and is younger. Did I say younger???:)B|

Yup. My new main is a decade newer than the old one. Just so much better any way you cut it.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I too cutaway last year. My new main is wayyy more maneuverable, goes DOWN fast and is younger. Did I say younger???:)B|

Yup. My new main is a decade newer than the old one. Just so much better any way you cut it.

Is it ground hungry? Does it have a good angle of attack? Are the controls more responsive with less input?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

OK guys … we can stick to the ex bashing without bringing misogynism into it [:/] ...

My ex moved me to the “reserve” role for a “younger model” as well … something men seem to do a lot as they cross into their 40s … it has something to do with feeling better about themselves, I hear ...

O

My main keeps coming around and getting me in a canopy wrap! I've cut her away but the damn thing just won't float down wind,keeps coming back and wrapping me...Help!! Why can I not get a clean cut???

Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

OK guys … we can stick to the ex bashing without bringing misogynism into it [:/] ...

My ex moved me to the “reserve” role for a “younger model” as well … something men seem to do a lot as they cross into their 40s … it has something to do with feeling better about themselves, I hear ...

O

You may need to go back and re-read my edit of your post.
Your old canopy never opened well, slammed you more than once - Cutting away was your only option, you didn't want to spiral in, did you?

Demo a LOT of canopies before you decide on one, there are a LOT of difference performance aspects to be considered.

If you choose a High Performance canopy, you are more likely to get yourself in a dangerous situation. I would go for something a bit more docile and forgiving. Wing loading is a factor as well. Be careful, if the wingloading (think Tadpole) is too high, it will almost certainly end in injury.

Your landing pattern is a factor too - stay away from the 270's and higher - I wouldn't even be doing 180's if I were you - it is just dangerous. Even though it is an accepted for of canopy control, guys would REALLY REALLY REALLY prefer if you did a straight in pattern as opposed to changing directions suddenly and low turns.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

My main keeps coming around and getting me in a canopy wrap! I've cut her away but the damn thing just won't float down wind,keeps coming back and wrapping me...Help!! Why can I not get a clean cut???

Bry

Try the hook knife.:|

Grab the risers, pull on them really hard to produce slack and cut just as you let them go? The sudden "Jerk" might untangle the BOS above you.

Bry

Where's your hook knife?? :o

EDIT: oops.. didn't read all the way down before I responded.
Always be kinder than you feel.

O

You may need to go back and re-read my edit of your post.
Your old canopy never opened well, slammed you more than once - Cutting away was your only option, you didn't want to spiral in, did you?

Demo a LOT of canopies before you decide on one, there are a LOT of difference performance aspects to be considered.

If you choose a High Performance canopy, you are more likely to get yourself in a dangerous situation. I would go for something a bit more docile and forgiving. Wing loading is a factor as well. Be careful, if the wingloading (think Tadpole) is too high, it will almost certainly end in injury.

Why did you have to go and drag the tadpoles into it?? That's fucked up. :)

Always be kinder than you feel.

Your landing pattern is a factor too - stay away from the 270's and higher - I wouldn't even be doing 180's if I were you - it is just dangerous.

180s, 270s, 360s, 720s, 1080s.

True that spinners can be dangerous, but are also a helluva lot of fun. B|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Your landing pattern is a factor too - stay away from the 270's and higher - I wouldn't even be doing 180's if I were you - it is just dangerous.

180s, 270s, 360s, 720s, 1080s.

True that spinners can be dangerous, but are also a helluva lot of fun. B|

Well there was this one "canopy" that I demo'd . . . .

I continue to enjoy the skydiving anologies - they're awesome ...

All joking aside, I'll try to demo a few more canopies before I setle on a new main - that has consistently been my mistake in the past - I "demo-ed" a main and if he was half decent, I'd go ahead and buy it ... (and commit to jumping only that.)

O

Damn...what is with you lately.

I think it's the insomnia, it let's my inside voice get out because I don't have any energy to filter my mouth. It gets me in trouble too! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Mmmm...demos scare me. You never know when one has a serious manufacturing defect. Plus, I'm just a commitment kind of guy. I prefer to do some research, think about it and explore the options without actually having to jump it. Once I jump, I tend to stay with that particular chute. I try to make a smart choice on the front end. Not always successful (obviously).
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

the sucking has to be of sufficient quality, skill, and commitment to make it to the swallow.

One should never underestimate the importance of committing to sucking well. I stand corrected. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon