Nutz

F'ing Cigarettes!

So I haven't smoked in about a month. I fell off the wagon last weekend and hung out with the ex, two wrongs. :P
I don't know what to do, I was angry at everyone yesterday - they didn't deserve it. Then I get all depressed from being angry at people who didn't deserve it. So my solution - go buy a pack of cigarettes. So today I am only angry at myself. I'm at a loss. Fucking addiction! I suppose I am just supposed to smoke myself to death? My mother has never been succesful at quitting, she was a three pack a dayer the whole time I was growing up. She has been able to cut back to half a pack in her later years - she is pushing eighty now. Obviously I got the addiction gene - among others. :S
Anyway - anyone got any magic words or spells? >:(

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Hey dude! Keep on keeping on.I did the same exact thing...smoking and the ex...well I'm back to not smoking after a one day slip and its been about 3 weeks now.
This shit is HARD to stop but if I can so can you..We are in this together so if I can help in any way just let me know!!

No magical spells or words of wisdom other then my trial and tribulations:|

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

i tried a couple times, longest i went was about three months.. until people started suggesting i should get back to smoking, as i was a much more likeable person then.. :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Consider E-Cigarettes??
Supposedly give you all the nicotine without the Carcinogens. Also since it is a Vapor, You can "Smoke" anywhere without offending people.

I tried one and liked it. Not sure if it will help get off the cancer sticks or not but I an going to buy one and give it a shot.

Consider E-Cigarettes??
Supposedly give you all the nicotine without the Carcinogens. Also since it is a Vapor, You can "Smoke" anywhere without offending people.

I tried one and liked it. Not sure if it will help get off the cancer sticks or not but I an going to buy one and give it a shot.

actually the FDA recently ruled that e-cigarettes were just as carcinogenic ; /
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~

Have ya tried patches?

I 'quit' about 5 months ago with the cheap wal-mart brand, using only stage 2...there were a couple times I got a bit 'testy' from the withdrawal but NOTHING like a cold-turkey stop.

Fell off a wagon a few weeks ago for 6-7 days, but after stopping earlier in the year, and getting my sense of taste & smell back...I really missed not tasting stuff so I stopped again...the grumpies lasted 3 days. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I quit a bit over a month ago. For me, its will power. I'm using the gum, which is *ok* but its all about staying the course.

There is no such thing as an ex-smoker. Its just a smoker who isn't smoking right now. The way I look at it is that I'm one puff away from chain smoking a pack, all you have to do is keep away from that first puff.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

There is no such thing as an ex-smoker. Its just a smoker who isn't smoking right now. The way I look at it is that I'm one puff away from chain smoking a pack, all you have to do is keep away from that first puff.

That's very true. I go months, even years without touching a cigarette... Then I find myself in a situation where everyone is smoking (like when I started hanging out at the dropzone), or if I ever go to a bar. Next thing you know I'm on a binge for a few days (or until the pack(s) I bought run out.).

~Gav
Life doesn't need reasons, just participants.

D.S.#21

Consider E-Cigarettes??

actually the FDA recently ruled that e-cigarettes were just as carcinogenic ; /

FDA is full of crap.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Just roll with it.......I have not had a cig in almost 3 months although i want one right god damn NOW!!!!

I have never chewed or dipped but did find that when I drink the Camel Snus keeps me happy. Not really any safer but I smell better!
.......I hereby reject your reality and instead choose to insert my own!

Since the urge to smoke is strongest when waking up, after eating, and after sex, the answer is obvious. Stop sleeping, eating, and having sex, and you'll stop getting the urge to smoke.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Since the urge to smoke is strongest when waking up, after eating, and after sex, the answer is obvious. Stop sleeping, eating, and having sex, and you'll stop getting the urge to smoke.

:D:D:D You left out drinking.

I have used everything at one time or another. Patch, gum, both pills, what works the best for me is the Nicotrol inhaler. It helps the craving a little and is also unpleasant, not as unpleasant as the gum. I quit one time for a year, several times for six months. I don't know what the answer is, like I said, my mother has never been able to quit completely and I obviously have her genes. [:/]

It's funny, Welbutrin / Zyban didn't make me quit - I just didn't care that I was smoking. And I sat around and drooled all day. :D

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I'm with Aggie on this one. I have not had a cigarette in 7 months. Every now and then I really, really, really want one though. Ignore the craving and it goes away. After stopping the first thing you notice is how badly smokers stink, particularly at the end of the day. That knowlage helps when things get hard.

I quit cold turky 2 years ago, that was the worst week of my life, haha. But then i proceeded to get hammered drunk one night after being smoke free for 8 months and well we all know how well alchohol and cigarettes go together....
~MaVriK~
"The Greatest Accomplishment in life is actually Living it"

Lips that touch tobacco will never touch mine!

You made me think of certain women in certain men's clubs south of the boarder who were known for smoking cigarettes with out using their mouth...then you're statement sounded really really funny!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I quit a while ago. I still slip up every now and again, but here's what gets me through those times when I think I'd kill for a cigarette: think about how much better you feel without them.

I didn't realize this when I first quit because I'd smoked for almost 10 years and it was just so normal, but after I slipped and had a couple, coming off that made it very obvious.

I have way more headaches (migraines, even) when I'm smoking, the smell that I never noticed before is heinous, my circulation sucks after just one or two (limbs falling asleep faster, etc.), after even one I start yawning because my lungs aren't getting all the oxygen they're used to, my skin (face, particularly) is drier and I look older. I have these pictures of some smoker friends who are in their mid 40s now (I'm 27). In the pictures, from 10 years ago, they barely look older than I am now. Just 10 years later...well, smokers really do age faster than nonsmokers.

Just keep stopping. It sucks to screw up after doing so well, but you always have the opportunity to stop. Saying, "No" gets easier. It sucks to deny yourself something you want, but I promise you can do it.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." ~Catherine Aird