Hackb431

Cordura Vs. Parapak

I am going to be ordering a new Wings container soon and would like your advice on theses two material types for the container. Have you used one or both and what were your impressions?

Also, do you think one is more stain resistant than the other as I might be using alot of bright "happy" colors.

Thanks,
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

Slide in or land on my butt? Who me, no Friggin' way I am the best canopy pilot in the World.:S

On a serious note thank you to all and I even found some stuff by "searching". I guess I will have to make my desicion in person when I head down to the Wings shop in a few weeks.
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

Whe nyou talk to Ankie (great lady and very lovley too) ask her about the bright cordura colors. You won't go wrong.

My work rigs are Parapck but they get replaced more quickly than the personnal trig does.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I've owned both, Here's my thoughts....Parapack looks new right out of the box at 500 jumps provided you don;t snag it....Cordura is bulletproof, but looks aged ,(dull) at 100 jumps. My choice,Parapack but RW dosen't give give an option. So I settled for my 2nd choice..

Parapak is shiner when it's new... cordura is vastly more robust. Stain resistance is about the same.

Seriously, that's about all there is to it; try to find someone who ownes a parapak rig with a thousand jumps on it... they tend to have a lot more wear and tear. For this reason, parapak went mostly out of fashion 20 years ago.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

I've owned both, but only went for Parapak when I had around 500 jumps. I had the rig for 1000 dives and it looked new - but then I never fell over. It's still around the DZ occasionally but looks worn and dated, as a 15 year old rig should.

Every rig I've had since then has been Cordura.

Go for the Safire 2. ;)

t
It's the year of the Pig.

no pillows with parapack? care to explain yourself?

Probably is assuming that because parapak is slippier than cordura it may be difficult to grip... that might be the case in some gloves, I don't know. I owned a parapak rig for a couple hundred jumps, did have a cutaway and used my pillow cutaway and pillow reserves just fine with my bare hands and they weren't even the really good reinforced stiffener ones. But, if it were madness, and I had slippery gloves, things might have been different, dunno.

I liked the parapak on my rig, it looks much brighter and newer in general. But, that said, I ordered cordura on my second rig in order to avoid scrapes and such from slide in swoops. Although, my first one held up very well; I purchased and sold it used and it looked just as good after the 200+ jumps I put on it.

-A