paul87

Your biggest blooper

I once was swooping (ok, not a real swoop, STL 107) and reached out to hand tag a TM catcher, and when I did I tossed the toggle out of my hand prior to the low 5!!! His EYES got real big as he and I realized at the same time what I had done!!!

I lived!!!

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

parachute related, cause it happened on the DZ.

A recent A Lic. holder, was a middle aged guy who is young at heart..
he'd been around for a while and so one day was at the DZ with some of his Family members,,,,

So while trying to be friendly i went over to say hello.. and I asked him,," So.. Is this your Mom" ?
and he replied,, " NO!!! It's my WIFE"!!!
Yikes!!!!! did I feel like an IDIOT????[:/]:$:$B|:o
Damn right...

( haven't seen her AGAIN,,, at the DZ.. ever....) [:/]

IDIOT>>>

second best blooper,,,,
being unable to reach my PC hackey, on the day i returned from an injury layoff,,,, busting through 2 grand,,, and then finally pulling my reserve left handed..
in the saddle @ 1,200 feet.:S>:([:/]
at least i beat the cypres to the punch.....:|
jmy

" So.. Is this your Mom" ?
and he replied,, " NO!!! It's my WIFE"!!!
Yikes!!!!! did I feel like an IDIOT?

:D:D:$
Had a subcontractor on a job call Vskydiver my daughter one time. She was flattered, I was laughing, he was mortified for some reason.:D

second best blooper,,,,
being unable to reach my PC hackey, on the day i returned from an injury layoff,,,, busting through 2 grand,,, and then finally pulling my reserve left handed..
in the saddle @ 1,200 feet.:S>:([:/]
at least i beat the cypres to the punch.....

Absolutely good job beating the Cypress to the punch. How many extra tries did you give the main? In our family, we have a limit of 2 extra tries on anything before you go to the reserve.:)

Well my biggest blooper is that I just followed the first person out without spotting. big mistake since it was a hop'n pop at 3500 feet. I found out that the jumper was new at our DZ with a B licence and misunderstood the signal "one minute" and "open door". It is so far the longest ride I have done with a parachute. Landed at designated LZ. So I've learned my lesson, always look down first:)

"flying" is the most reasonable thing I ever done

I had about 250 jumps and packed a step through on my safire1 190 loaded just under 1.3. pitched around 3.2, opened HARD with 3.5 line twists spinning on my back. kicked out of the twists and was stable. looked up and realized something looked funny but couldn't figure it out @ first. Did a sort of reverse continuity check as high as i could reach, down to the risers slowly realizing i was an idiot and that I had packed myself that little gem. i reached for my cut away, then heard AFF calling 'is it stable, square, and steerable?' did a bunch of control checks and landed that f*cker. :)
Yes, it is on video.

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

First time landing at my DZOs house (has a small field and strip next to his house) I set up over the trees and aborted thinking I was too high and then realized I wasn't and now couldn't make it back over the tree tops.

I flew over the swimming pool then turned a flat 180 about 100 feet up and started flying up the drive way. I made it to about 10-15 feet off the ground before my end cell clipped a tree branch and I fell. 4 stitches over my right eye and an extremely bruised ego.

edit to add: I was returning to the party from doing my first demo that went amazing at a high school football field. I paid a lot beer that day. (first demo, first time at the DZOs birthday party, first time jumping into the LZ (:Pof course I didn't actually make it on the LZ,) first injury, and 2 cases for the guy that did my stitchesB| ) Most expensive free jump I have made.

Was on a jump with my then boyfriend geeking the camera and getting some nice kissing pics. All three of us lost altitude awareness until I thought "man, this has been a long jump.." Looked at my alti and we were at something fucking ridiculous like 2500 ft, still kissing :S

In the last picture you can clearly see an open parachute in the background.

We all got a well-deserved bollocking when we landed :$:S[:/]

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

... something fucking ridiculous like 2500 ft ...

You think 2,500 feet is not only ridiculous, but f**king ridiculous! :D

That's because none of us opened much higher than 1k :S[:/] Very, very stupid. (Probably because I had "fucking" on my mind :$:ph34r::ph34r:)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I don't think it was the altitude alone that was ridiculous, but the fact that she was still in a three-way formation at that altitude.

I don't think it was the altitude alone that was ridiculous, but the fact that she was still in a three-way formation at that altitude.

Yeah, no kidding. [:/]
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Showing off like a wise ass,,
Girl i had seen a few times before, watching me on the first jump of the day.
Decided to swoop the hangar a bit, and I got bit, to low scuffed the tarmac with my ass and a little skin off the hands,tore a brand new jumpsuit and tore up my rig..... Nice going huh!!!
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

I was trying a rig on that I wanted to buy. A few of the jumpers were checking it out for me to see if it fit well.

Then one of them said, "Hey the chest strap is supposed be a bit lower try lifting up your chest to see if it fits better."

So I grab and push up the ladies only to find the guys smiling and staring at my chest and burst out laughing.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

somehow got dyslexic on the wind sock and landed downwind in winds on the higher side...twice...in a row...first time i ate shit and bounced a few feet into the air in a superman-like position before getting dragged to a stop...second time didn't hurt too bad. now i look at the wind sock and go through my head a dozen times which way to land :|

somehow got dyslexic on the wind sock and landed downwind in winds on the higher side...twice...in a row...first time i ate shit and bounced a few feet into the air in a superman-like position before getting dragged to a stop...second time didn't hurt too bad. now i look at the wind sock and go through my head a dozen times which way to land :|

ZHills has a massive arrow pointing in the direction you should be landing, and somehow when there is a boogie the massive landing area often becomes a complete zoo :S:|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

ZHills has a massive arrow pointing in the direction you should be landing, and somehow when there is a boogie the massive landing area often becomes a complete zoo :S:|

seen that on video, at a normal saturday there.. oh, the freefall portion of said video was also, uhm, interesting.. makes thinking about jumping in the states a little different! :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

That's because none of us opened much higher than 1k :S[:/] Very, very stupid. (Probably because I had "fucking" on my mind :$:ph34r::ph34r:)

I guess it was "f**king" ridiculous ... :D
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

now i look at the wind sock and go through my head a dozen times which way to land :|

Always point your mouth the same way the windsock is pointing its mouth. Always point your tail the same way the windsock is pointing its tail. Pretty easy, huh?:)

Eat the carrot. ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.