mysky

Mirage filing bankruptcy?

I read in a post that Mirage might be filing bankruptcy. Does anyone have any information on this? I certainly hope this isn't true as they are my favorite rig maker and I would be really sad to see them go.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

Dropzone.com is such an amazing place to spread a wealth of good knowledge, but it is also a great place to spread worthless gossip. Normally I read and laugh at most of them but I don't want this one to grow. No, Mirage Systems has not and is not filing for bankruptcy. The company is at its strongest point, look for some great new innovations that you're going to love coming very soon, and wait until you hear what big names have recently joined our team of sponsored jumpers.

Please don't take this post as a personal attack on Mirage. I only asked because I own rigs from the Mirage company and am very fond of them. I apologize to anyone thinking I would be starting this post as an attack on the company since that is the last thing I want to do. The initial reason I asked this was because of a post I noticed under the Mirage/PD113 TSO issue and someone had said that the company (Mirage) might be going under. Very glad to hear that all is well. I'm in the process of ordering another G4 so very glad to hear this news.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

No, we're not taking it as a personal attack, we just know how the forums work and its best to stop the ridiculous stuff before it spreads. About the sponsored jumpers, thats a tricky area as they are leaving another manufacturer that they have been with for quite some time so I can't really let the cat out of the bag just yet. I can tell you some that have definately joined our team, one is Amy Chmelecki formerly of the Sugar Gliderz team who now works for the Arizona Training Center alongside Dusty Smith and T.J. Landgren, Another two I can let out for sure are Brooke Schultz, and Kate Hoffstetter, 2/3 of the team Sugar Gliderz 2.0 led by Melissa Nelson. Melissa is still with Sunpath, but I am trying to woo her, keep your fingers crossed. Another is Kaz Sheekey the top female swooper in the world. (notice all the hot girls, theres a reason) The others I just can't elaborate on right now. As for the new stuff, still a little top secret but no need to hold off on ordering cause its a bit down the road. Its not a complete overhaul like from g4 to g5 but just some real good stuff. Swoopers will love it. I've probably said too much so I'll stop there but keep your eyes peeled.

Can only report a personal observation. I was up in Deland two weeks ago to pick up my G4. Looked to me like things were rolling right along up there. There did seem to be a distinct shortage of sun tan lotion - probably due to the departure of the Swedish Bikini 4-way team prior to Dennis.

Seriously - you'd put ordering a G4 on hold based on an internet post? That's sad.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

Thnaks for your considered opinion......
The 'man' at Mirage confirms that changes are on the way.......but are still under wraps...
Excuse me for wanting to know what they are before I shell out on the 'old' version.....!

Seriously - you'd put ordering a G4 on hold based on an internet post? That's sad.

I think you misunderstood. He said he was putting the order on hold because of the upcoming changes to the container, not the rumor of bankruptcy. He wants to see what the updated changes are before he orders.

Derek

Be careful about spreading rumors about new versions.
Rigging Innovations tried that circa 1991 and almost went bankrupt!
RI ran a bunch of ads hinting at something exciting coming out in a few months. I took RI longer than planned to de-bug the Flexon, but meanwhile sales of original Talons ground to a halt.
Flexon introduced a bunch of new concepts: hip rings, chest rings, BOC, tuck in reserve pin cover, and more tuck tabs than you can count. Flexon proved too complicated for mass production, so - in 1994 - they back-loaded most of Flexon's innovations to the '94 Talon, which has evolved into the current Talon FS, Voodoo, Telesis 2 and Aviator lines.

Be careful of pre-mature rumors because you might go bankrupt from too many people waiting for the new version.

Point well taken, no need to hold off on ordering anything. I don't want to be mistaken on this point. We are not introducing an entirely new rig or anything even near that which you want to hold off on ordering for. But if you will look at our rig over the years, we are continually making improvements to our rig, that is something we will never stop doing. For example, when swoopers started tying their slider down with a bungee we designed the slider stop risers to have a properly engineered solution to a problem, when we found out the cypress fire thing we improved our rig with the 12-04 mod, when people were having premature openings due to poor bridle protection we improved our bridle protection, when people were having a hard time getting a good grip on the freefly handle with gloves but still wanted the security of the freefly tab we came out with the freefly hacky. I could go on and on but if you are waiting to order a Mirage for the latest version that has all our improvements you will wait forever as we will never stop improving our rig or stop being innovators in the harness container manufacturing business.

I could go on and on but if you are waiting to order a Mirage for the latest version that has all our improvements you will wait forever as we will never stop improving our rig or stop being innovators in the harness container manufacturing business.

When I ordered my G3 the G4 announcement came out maybe 1 month after I ordered the G3 and I was kicking myself over it. Turns out that the G3 they made me basically had all the improvments that the G4's had and 3 years later the G3's are still selling strong.

G4 puts more reserve bulk across the shoulders, but the most important change is "molarizing" the freebag, eliminating one step/tool in packing and eliminating any chance of the closing loop damaging the reserve canopy.
Two pluses in my book.
G4 also tapers the main container slightly differently and has a fancier harness.

I would be happy to tell you all the differences between the two if you want to email me at [email protected]. A couple of them have been listed here but here are a few more. On the g4 the backpad comes padded standard. It is a pay option on the g3, On the g4 we have elastic lumbar support or cut in laterals (inset stabilizers) that come standard where they are a pay option on the g3. The reserve pin cover tuck tabs are smaller allowing to put the reserve pin cover back in easier then the g3 with a retainer strap that doesnt allow the flap to be pushed out of the d-flap. The yoke is a 2 piece hinged design where the g3 is one piece. There are some other things but those are the major things you will notice, email me for more info.