Cashmanimal

I almost got hit by a car... I wish I had

Skating to a friends house last night, a car tried to cut me off and beat me through an intersection. I made eye contact with the driver, he knew damn well I was there... once I made eye contact I said "Hey, he knows I'm here, I'll go ahead and cross."

Asshole floored it and tried to beat me through the intersection to turn left in front of me. He definitely was going to hit me so I bailed off my skateboard and ate some serious shit in the intersection. The fucker drove off, continuing to accelerate, and nobody sitting in the intersection even leaned out a window to ask if i was okay. Fuck all the selfish stupid fuckheads around San Jose that insist on being a social prick.

I made the block to my friends house, got a ride home where I was greeted by previously injured friends with Norco's, some beer and some weed.

After trying to move me my shoulder gave a nasty, sliding, popping feeling/noise, so most who were here are pretty sure it was/is dislocated. Almost positive I fractured my clavicle, too.

I'm trying to find a ride to urgent care to go find out for sure whats going on. I wish I HAD been hit by the car, that way I at least had somebody to sue.

Anybody know where a college kid can find some work that only involves one arm for a few weeks? If I can't do AFF or film tandems, I'm shit out of luck as far as rent goes [:/]
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Lesson : Don't play chicken with big stuff that can kill ya

True dat, but in the state of CA, pedestrians have the right of way. The driver was WAY out of line.

Sorry Cash... hope you feel better. [:/]

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

True dat, but in the state of CA, pedestrians have the right of way. The driver was WAY out of line.

Yes, and I'm all for promoting pedestrian safety and "reminding" drivers when I have the right of way. But when they're being an asshole, you can be right all you want and still end up in the hospital. So there's a limit to when I'll make a point by moving into the intersection and when I'll just curse at 'em. Eye contact is key - it helps you figure out who's actually going to stop and who's going to be a dick.

And Alex, trust me, having actually been hit by a car, you really don't want that. :S
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It all happened so fast, couldn't get a license plate number [:/]

Just got back from urgent care... fractured collar bone and dislocated shoulder, I believe he said at the AC joint, if that makes sense. I honestly couldn't follow what he was saying.

Got everything put back where it belongs, got a prescription and a sling... I get to return to the sky "at my discretion." I'll have to monitor myself on that one, I can be pretty stubborn.

As far as who's at fault, it was definitely that guy, as I did have the right of way and was skating perfectly legally. I normally give way to the cars anyway and will even get off my board and walk across the bigger intersections, but I found comfort in the fact that we were staring eachother in the face. I have a feeling walking across the street will be a pretty consistant habit from now on B|

It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

It all happened so fast, couldn't get a license plate number [:/]

Just got back from urgent care... fractured collar bone and dislocated shoulder, I believe he said at the AC joint, if that makes sense. I honestly couldn't follow what he was saying.

AC Separation/ Injury

Clavicular Fractures

OWIE!!!

Sorry you hit the ground. I hope you feel better quickly :)

that way I at least had somebody to sue.

Thats the American way!~:S Such fucking BS!!!!!!! That's what's wrong with this country!>:(

Edit>>>> No I didnt fucking studer! That's what i meant! Why dont you sue me:S>:(
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Thats the American way!~:S Such fucking BS!!!!!!! That's what's wrong with this country!>:(

Edit>>>> No I didnt fucking studer! That's what i meant! Why dont you sue me:S>:(

I would, if you hit me with your truck :|

Since you edited your post to add your comment ... the word is stutter.

If he did get hit, then the insurance would pay him off and chances are suing isn't necessary. I agree that people are sue happy but hit and runs and right of way dick moves are worthy of payoff. It's the hot coffee that isn't.

Alex, sorry man. I hope you're in reasonable condition soon. Try not to push it to quickly. Looks like I should come down that way and hit the SJ skate park when you're better.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Next time when you cross an intersection with a skateboard carry the fucker.
If I was crossing that intersection and I had right of way I'd make dam shure I didn't miss you.
Skateboards have no right to be on a public highway.

Gone fishing

If he did get hit, then the insurance would pay him off and chances are suing isn't necessary.

That presumes (a) the driver is insured, and (b) the driver's insurance company promptly pays a fair amount. Oftentime, though, it doesn't work out that way.