SpeedRacer

I'm BA-A-A-CK!!

:)
Due to time, money, & other shit I wasn't able to skydive for a year, but on Saturday I went to Skydive the Point in Virginia for their 40th anniversary boogie. Got recurrency training and SKYDIVED!!

Wow, did that feel great!! Have you ever gone for a long period of time without skydiving & then come back to it? After that first skydive, I felt like I do after some really great sex. Anyone else get that feeling??

----
Anyway, Hugh Bergeron was there. He started Skydive the Point, one of the oldest DZs on the East Coast (it used to be called Peninsula Skydivers), & did the first jump there back in 1962. So he got some kinda awards & a letter from the governor. Then we all partied like maniacs (they had FREE microbrewed beer in the beer truck!B|) & eventually I staggered over to my car to sleep. The next day I did a solo, just to get used to the sky some more & then I did a two-way with Red Bull (Paul)!!

I feel like myself again!!:)
oh by the way, I like the new setup, except that my SpeedRacer picture is missing.

And what the hell is this "pirate" markup for??-->B|
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I not positive, but I think the women set two VA records: a 3-point 17-way and a 31-way sequential. I was drinking a lot this weekend, but I think that's what I heard.

SpeedRacer, it was great jumping with you. I hope to share some air with you another time soon.

yeah I need to win the lottery. Then I could skydive as much as I want/

Hey, Oscar Oskowski of Flying Eyes videoed the whole boogie. And not just the skydiving bits, but the WHOLE THING! So I was going to buy the video & show it to a couple of friends who tried skydiving &then quit.The only problem is, ...Oscar told me that I AM IN THE VIDEO, WHEN I WAS PARTYING & DRUNK!! Normally, everyone else at a boogie is as wasted as you & won't remember anything stupid you did, b/c they say, if you didn't catch it on video, it didn't happen:PB| But now any stupidity I did involving fireworks, hula hoops, & dancing like an idiot, will be captured for all eternity...

By the way, did I mention they had a FREE BEER TRUCK WITH MICROBREWED BEER IN IT??
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Any chance you've still got the video. I grew up on that DZ back in the 70's. My dad ran the jump school back then. Hugh was my "uncle". Anyway, Pops showed up and jumped his Paracommander. Down wind in the peas! At 70 years old! He broke his ankle. Hoping maybe he made it into some of the vid. ;)

I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313