pincheck

Buell to dissapear ?

I don't care ..... my legs are too short to ride one:P

Even a Buell Blast?

Yeah old sad news! [:/]
The new guy at HD is a real dork and doesn't know his asshole from a carburetor. No joke!

And no – I’m not a rider just yet, although I vividly recall the adrenaline rush and sense of unbridled freedom from the occasions that I “borrowed” my brother Mike’s motorcycle as a teenager. I’ve got my eye on a Screamin’ Eagle Softail and I’m looking to sign up for a Rider’s Edge course very soon. I’ll then be able to join Mike and all the other members of the extended Harley-Davidson family of riders – including dealers – out on the road.

You know I give this guy 2 days before one of the real riders puts him into a locker.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

And no – I’m not a rider just yet, although I vividly recall the adrenaline rush and sense of unbridled freedom from the occasions that I “borrowed” my brother Mike’s motorcycle as a teenager. I’ve got my eye on a Screamin’ Eagle Softail and I’m looking to sign up for a Rider’s Edge course very soon. I’ll then be able to join Mike and all the other members of the extended Harley-Davidson family of riders – including dealers – out on the road..

:S Damned clueless company execs:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

If you have been at all interested in buying one, now is the time. $5000 off on many models... The biggest cuts are on the 1125, which is their baddest bike.

Why would we want to buy their worst (badest) bike?:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I've riddent acoupel of Buells, (one of their techs was a regular at my local bar, he would bring his test bikes to Dumonts, and let anyone sober, and lisesned take them for a spin)

I didn;t care for them...fun, but not my idea of a bike to own!

Always a shame to see another American Company, and Icon, In their short run, go under!:(

I think HD REALLY mis-marketed those babies.
Anyone looking for a sport bike wouldn't go to a Harley stealership.
Harley stealerships know nothing of sport bikes, much less they did not push sales in any manner.
Harley has over-produced their sleds for a number of years now and now it's hurting them.
They should have sold Holiday Rambler or the cabinet company that supplies them...or both. As well as the Italian sport bike company they had no business buying in the first place.
>:(
Buell just recently made some HUGE strides. Winning AMA, the Rotax motors, improvements to the perimeter braking system, and dropping the Blast.

It'll take a long time for Buell to disappear...lots of very loyal customers who will on their bikes for many years. Mine is attached...

Yep, and don't count Erik Buell out completely either.

He started from nothing, and built the company big enough that H-D took notice (and then bought it and ran it into the ground).

Now that Buell is gone he may well start over again, maybe this time with a better engine source.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo