LisaH

Don't forget to turn your clocks back this weekend.

I only gotta sun dial...:|

So? Just turn the goddamn thing one number forward! :D

I can't...it's night time! :S

What are ya, st00pid? :ph34r:

Daytime, nighttime, what does it matter? Just pick the fucking thing up, turn it 30 degrees to the right, set it back down. :S

Stoopid old man. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Daytime, nighttime, what does it matter? Just pick the fucking thing up, turn it 30 degrees to the right, set it back down. :S

Can ya come over and show me? :$

st00pid kid :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Oh, well, in that case, stand in the middle and face 30 degrees right of north, and then tell me what time it is in the morning. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Oh, well, in that case, stand in the middle and face 30 degrees right of north, and then tell me what time it is in the morning. :D

If I could afford a compass I'd buy a clock, Einstein! >:(

You're broke too? Damn.

You're broke too? Damn.

Got a sun dial! B|

('course it IS an hour fast:|)

Um, 30 degrees would be TWO hours, if I'm not mistaken. 360/24 = 15 degrees per hour, nominal width of a time zone. ;)

oh snap... well wait a minute. I don't remember ever seeing a sun dial with 24 hours on it... but yeah I did calculate for 12 hours...

Um, 30 degrees would be TWO hours, if I'm not mistaken. 360/24 = 15 degrees per hour, nominal width of a time zone. ;)

oh snap... well wait a minute. I don't remember ever seeing a sun dial with 24 hours on it... but yeah I did calculate for 12 hours...

gawd, you guys are geniuses; of course billy was right to begin with! or does the sun shine out of your ass at night, THEN you'd need to calculate for 24hrs.. :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Actually, you can't just pick up and turn the entire sundial anyway. Properly set up, the gnomon (the do-hickey that casts the shadow) is aligned with true north. You can, on some sundials, adjust the numbers so they coincide with DST, but that, in my opinion, is just wrong.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Already did that last weekend.
You guys seem to be lagging behind. :)

I blame the last Administration (which actually is how our DST got extended).

The idea of DST is stupid anyway, but it's the government telling us when to wake up and when to have lunch, so what ya gonna do?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Daylight Saving Time... Yet another acronym i didn't know. :)
Interestingly, Wikipedia shows an image of a poster realting to 'DST' being implemented. Slogan:
"Get your hoes ready!" It must have been really entertaining to hear politicians chant this religiously.

Back on topic, yes, it's stupid. I've never understood why the clock must go back forward in summer. Let's just maximise the number of skydivable hours and simply leave the clocks at wintertime year round.

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom