SkyChimp

College Football - BCS National Championship

I completely agree with Gene Bleymaier's position. Allowing a strong, consistently winning team like his to play a major, 1st or 2nd ranked collegiate team would give credibility to a team's claim to a national championship title (and to the BCS if they allowed such a game to be played.) A win by Boise would also change the thinking in how to "set up" a true national championship, whether through a series of playoffs or another system. I think enough people are clamouring for some kind of resolution that it might happen in the future. BCS is only a small step in coming to a solution. The problem remains that there are so many college ball teams that there will always be some political interventions in who plays whom and when. Also, if it does come down to some kind of "collegiate superbowl" based on actual playoffs, it would put an end to barroom posturing and arguments that may best be left unresolved. As it is, schools like Boise State, et al. will always feel like they got shafted and can claim greatness without playing against "A-list" teams. Meanwhile the "big boys" like Florida, Alabama, Texas, OSU, etc can claim their titles without having to be embarrassed by a potential loss against Boise State and others like them. Makes for good drunken bar fights.

Yep. Neither Florida nor Alabama looked convincingly dominating yesterday. Didn't see the Texas game. Vandy put some high-risk razzle-dazzle type offensive moves on them and I think Florida wasn't prepared for that. It seemed to be working for a time. I think LSU got the shaft with that interception call and I think that took the wind out of them for the rest of the game. They gave Bama a good game. The top 3 teams are getting a lot of pressure and I just get the feeling that one of them is going to break big-time before it's all over.

Blown call on the interception or not, Alabama pretty much would have won. They got their passing game back in order (274 yards) and RB Ingram got his usual yards (140+). Yeah LSU stacked the box early and made us throw, then that success opened up the running lanes late. And except for two drives, Bama's defense did its job.

It's hard to beat a top 3 team on the road, even harder to beat one after losing your top RB to a broken collarbone and your starting QB to a sprained ankle, both from nasty but clean hits by the defense.

All that said, I'm a bit concerned about the Miss State game this Saturday. They almost beat LSU early in the season, with LSU staving off defeat on a goal line stand in the last minute, and their defense played well against the Gators recently. Bama has their work cut out for them.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Oh, yeah! No doubt Bama likely would have won either way. I'm just saying that the Tigers just looked like a different team after that call. It killed any momentum they might have had. I'm sure they thought the game was within their grasp until then. Both Florida and Alabama did look much better in the 2nd half. There certainly are no free rides for either of them the rest of the season. Florida is going to have to play at the top of their game for the whole game from here on out with the exception, maybe, of FIU if they want to stay at the top of the polls. They certainly better be prepared for FSU and as you said earlier, SC. Florida State has scored 19 or more points in every game but one (USF) so they are still dangerous...even with a losing record 5-4.

so when florida plays alabama, who are the officials going to root for?

Good question... Since the SEC got the match-up it wanted all along, might as well let 'em duke it out! :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

so when florida plays alabama, who are the officials going to root for?

Good question... Since the SEC got the match-up it wanted all along, might as well let 'em duke it out! :ph34r:

They better lease some officials from the PAC-10 now that USC lost it's chance. LOLOL

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

I hear ya!!! Now FSU lost their QB and must use the back up Freshman for the remaining 3 game. Florida State will need two wins now just to be eligible for a bowl game now.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

I hear ya!!! Now FSU lost their QB and must use the back up Freshman for the remaining 3 game. Florida State will need two wins now just to be eligible for a bowl game now.

Say what? Christian Ponder is out??? What happened to him?

Say what? Christian Ponder is out??? What happened to him?

Well, it's FSU so you can rule out graduation:D:D:D

No more free shoes for him! :D:D:D

Found this on the FSU team page: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/team/florida-state-seminoles-football/teamreport

Shoulder injury from slamming into a defender on the play that he threw his 4th interception on. Their back up QB has only thrown 2 passes all season and he's a freshman. Ouch. You can throw their NCAA record bowl appearance streak out the window after this season. 1992-2008, RIP.

Speaking of injuries, Oklahoma has had it worse than just about any other team in the nation.

Found this on the FSU team page: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/team/florida-state-seminoles-football/teamreport

Shoulder injury from slamming into a defender on the play that he threw his 4th interception on. Their back up QB has only thrown 2 passes all season and he's a freshman. Ouch. You can throw their NCAA record bowl appearance streak out the window after this season. 1992-2008, RIP.

Speaking of injuries, Oklahoma has had it worse than just about any other team in the nation.

And like I said, FSU will now need two wins just to be bowl eligible.

Has anyone see how TCU has played this year?? This season is really going to give them recruiting ability for next year.

And like I said, FSU will now need two wins just to be bowl eligible.

Has anyone see how TCU has played this year?? This season is really going to give them recruiting ability for next year.

They are doing very well, despite the conference they play in. They're #4 in the nation and that's as high as they'll go, until someone ahead of them loses. They have a monster on defense in Hughes. He's a certifiable 1st rounder.

In honor of the three dumb ass Tennessee Vols football players who were arrested for armed robbery, I give you this.

:D

Story link: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10357752/3-Vols-frosh-charged-in-attempted-armed-robbery

Can you believe it??? They were in a Toyota Prius!!! :D:D:D:D

In honor of the three dumb ass Tennessee Vols football players who were arrested for armed robbery, I give you this.

:D

Story link: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10357752/3-Vols-frosh-charged-in-attempted-armed-robbery

Can you believe it??? They were in a Toyota Prius!!! :D:D:D:D

That's so stupid...... they should have been driving a Ford Mustang GT if they wanted to get away.

How about Rutgers last night!!!! USF played like garbage but Rutgers defense looked better than Florida in recent days.

If you're not watching the Gators/SC game you're missing a REALLY good game.

I was watching it and I was not happy with Florida's defense this game. Why do they play like this against team like SC or Miss ST and then bring the steam roller out to the Florida-Georgia game??? I can't take that kind of stress. :S lol

SC's defense played good...... you have to give it to them.