skittles_of_SDC

Why are heiresses so fucked up?

And a million dollars isn't what it used to be.

It would be interesting to see if the numbers drop off at 10 and 100 million and 1 billion.

I was actually referring to the absurdly rich. No way the heiress of the J&J fortune would fall in the category of 1 or 10's of millions. J&J is a MASSIVE company.

Also, I would become involved in most of the known forms
of excess and foolishness.

Nice to know money wouldn't change ya... ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

And a million dollars isn't what it used to be.
It would be interesting to see if the numbers drop off at 10 and 100 million and 1 billion.

I was actually referring to the absurdly rich. No way the heiress of the J&J fortune would fall in the category of 1 or 10's of millions. J&J is a MASSIVE company.

No doubt and my thoughts as well, however some folks seemed to want make a generalized statement about excessive behavior and millionaires and it looked like somebody else wanted to set that threshold to first gen millionaires.

While I'm nearly certain he's right that 80% of millionaires are "new money", I'm equally certain that the majority of millionaires with "new money" aren't usually considered very wealthy by billionaire "old money" and aren't as prevalent in their ranks either.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The best phrase I ever heard from a rich guy was:

"The first generation employs"
"The second generation enjoys"
"The third generation destroys"

The guy I was talking to was about my age (40's) and a multi-millionaire.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

I'm equally certain that the majority of millionaires with "new money" aren't usually considered very wealthy by billionaire "old money" and aren't as prevalent in their ranks either.

I know a guy worth lots, he's now 70 something and made it all on his own. . .owns a big hunk of West Texas, has 20-25 personal aircraft, over 1/2 of which are flyable WW ll war-birds in museum condition.

We were in a hotel bar once when a trust fund millionaire staggered over, he'd been eavesdropping and broke into our conversation with something about the difference between 'old money and new money'...how only with old money comes 'class'.

My buddy looked at his kid who was at the time about 17(and had 2-300 hrs in a P-51) and told him,
"See that's what I was talking about, I'm a no-class new money guy, but YOU my son are old money...so show some class...and don't kick the shit out of this asshole."
:D:D:D

Me ~ I knew there was a difference, but not havin' any money...I just didn't know what it was 'till then! :ph34r:;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

And your sources are Tila Tequila and TMZ via the NY Post?? Very reliable .............

You mean Tila Tequilla, her fiance? Yeah. That is.

People don't seem to realize that this is what these people do for a living. Do you not trust a study in a medical journal until it comes out in the mainstream media? :S

Who was the first to report the tiger woods scandal? Who were the first to report Michael Jackson died? For people that are so unreliable and never check their sources, according to most people, the "celebrity gossip" websites and papers seem to do a pretty damn good job of being the first to break stories.

It's not like her family history is not scandal ridden. Read up a bit on J. Seward Johnson - the deceased grandfather. Now, Seward was in his 70's. He also had a maid - a Polish woman around 30 named Barbara Piasecka. I think she was 35 when they married in 1971. About a month before he died, good old Seward decided to will away his half billion dollar fortune to her.

The children (not children anymore, mind you) took issue with this. Scandal.

Barbara Piasecka was the Anna Nicole Smith before Anna Nicole Smith. The key difference is that Barbara Piasecka was and is an astute businesswoman and I believe she's presently worht over $2 billion.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My buddy looked at his kid who was at the time about 17(and had 2-300 hrs in a P-51) and . . .

Blind jealousy prevents me from reading further. Lucky bastard.

Tell me about it!

I remember signing the kid's logbook when he was 16 after he flew me on a jump from his dad's PBY...IIRC about 1200 hrs logged. B|++

I kept thinkin' ~ I must have gotten in the 'wrong line' somewhere in the mix! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~