shah269

Huntsville, AL? Good food and fun?

Suggestions?
I'll be there next week for 4 days and 3 nights.
Extra points will be given if it includes a mechanical bull!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Suggestions?

That's my hometown, its where I grew up. However, I have not lived there since 1994.

I don't know if there are any mechanical bulls, but you should check out the space and rocket museum one day. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There are a large number of Iranians in Birmingham and a few really good Persian restaurants.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I don't know if there are any mechanical bulls, but you should check out the space and rocket museum one day. :)

Actually that's where the meeting will be held. I'll see if I can escape from the meetings for a few hours to enjoy the museum .

Suggestions?

That's my hometown, its where I grew up. However, I have not lived there since 1994.

That is where my snow dog came from. My roomate got him when they were doing a copntract for NASA 5 years ago.

It funny having a siberian bark with a down home drawl:ph34r::ph34r:

One word; Rockets!

It's a meeting with various "educators" and "experts". I think they need to lighten up a little.
Less $50 wine and more $5 pint!
Thank you!

Drink a bunch of the $5 pints then go for a spin in the centrifuge B|

A centrifuge is simply stress, if you want to be profoundly f'ed up, take a spin in the chair or the gimbal rig.

http://humansystems.arc.nasa.gov/groups/psychophysio/images/specialchair.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofp_IM-vNyI

I spent about 5 minutes in a gimbal rig once and wasn't well for hours afterward.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Not since the fogcutter burned down.

tell me if that phrase "you are sorely missed" is still spraypainted on the overpass bridge over highway 72.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Washington St.- Social, Jazz and Dance scene a few within 5 min, walking distance of the parking deck.
1. Kaffeeklatsch Bar2. Humphrey's Bar & Grill3. 801 Franklin4. Crossroads Cafe5. Furniture Factory Bar & Grill

Of course the Space and rocket center and Huntsville Havoc hockey at the downtown arena.

Botanical Gardens just off of Bob Wallace Ave.

Holiday Inn, night club, Hilarious, 2 guys in the mid 60's who sing most modern dance and hip-hop.,:D

As mentioned our DZ is 45 min south of Huntsville.

I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

I live in Huntsville, but only recently moved here. Can't help much. Skydive Alabama is about 45 minutes south on I-65.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Actually that's where the meeting will be held. I'll see if I can escape from the meetings for a few hours to enjoy the museum .

You should. They have the SR-71 blackbird parked out front (or the other model similar to it), a full-size shuttle mockup "Pathfinder" with rocket boosters and fuel tank, and one of the original Saturn 5 rockets housed in its own display building, as well as a Saturn 5 mock-up standing upright outside. You can see it for miles. They also have an IMAX theater in the museum with shows every few hours, depending on the schedule.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If you military and a skydiver, Give me a shout when you get in town. I'll show you a good time big boy.

Now THAT is funny.

Lets see, you like Chinese? Mexican? We got you covered. Barbecue? Head west on 565 to the Greenbriar exit, the old one is to the right and down the road a piece not next to the interstate. Be careful not to fill up on hushpuppies before your food gets there. :)

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Drink a bunch of the $5 pints then go for a spin in the centrifuge B|

A centrifuge is simply stress, if you want to be profoundly f'ed up, take a spin in the chair or the gimbal rig.

http://humansystems.arc.nasa.gov/groups/psychophysio/images/specialchair.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofp_IM-vNyI

I spent about 5 minutes in a gimbal rig once and wasn't well for hours afterward.

Oh i have, in Huntsville in fact. Back when I was a kid I went on a school trip down there for a few days. We hit a lot of the simulators and activities for both Space Camp and Aviation Challenge camp. The Gimbal rig (didnt know thats what it was called) was alright but my fav was the two person centrifuge at Aviation Challenge. They cranked it up to 3.5 G's and i was loving every minute of it. It was a blast...too bad they dont have a program like that for 25 year olds ;)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Suggestions?

That is where my snow dog came from. My roomate got him when they were doing a copntract for NASA 5 years ago.

It funny having a siberian bark with a down home drawl:ph34r::ph34r:

Most importantly, will he tree 'possums and raccoons and does he know the difference???
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.