LisaH

The NFL thread

it was absolutely the Vike's game to lose. And they delivered.

BINGO..:D:D

anyway - fun to watch a close game to decide who the colts would beat in two weeks

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The best team in the AFC is going to the Super Bowl

The Chargers got tickets huh?! ;):ph34r:

I have no doubt that the chargers would have got beat by the Colts. The Colts are just that good..... yes we have had trouble in the past with the Chargers but now the Colts have a D that is pretty damn strong.

The Chargers are good but still choked to the Jets.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

It's hard to see where the Colts lose, but I gotta cheer for the ol' 'aints anyhow.

Cheer away my friend.... I'm not mad at anybody who does. I get it....

Go Horse!!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Pertinent comment from The Who:

Daltrey made a crack at how little time they will be performing relative to the length of the game.

“We’re going to be playing for about 12 minutes at halftime,” he said. “But I’ve heard if you take out the commercials, there’s about 11 minutes of playing.”

“We’re going to be playing longer than the players,” Townshend added.

IS there any other spectator sport where the action is such a tiny % of the time taken?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I always seem to cheer against Manning. Perhaps Just because of his button down, business like approach to what is an incredibly emotional game, but I don't think it is fair to call him money grubbing. As I recall he was expected to go first overall after his junior year if he wanted, but he decided to stay because he wanted a national championship.

Something about Peyton used to just get to me...hated the guy. Last couple of years, for whatever reason, that went away. I was very disappointed that he left the field without shaking hands.....like the prick Bill Belichick. Anyways, the Saints outplayed the Colts when it mattered, Payton made a hugely gutsy call on the onside kick and the interception sealed the deal.

Awesome win for the Saints and New Orleans. Congrats!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I think you can be an aggressive competitor and still display some class. Both Peyton and Eli just remind me of Ryan Leaf with better arms. Nothing more than spoiled babies.

Julia went to school at Purdue with Drew Brees and the book on him is she found him modest, likable, and a team player. And it looks like he still is. And that's rare in the NFL . . .

NickD :)

I always seem to cheer against Manning. Perhaps Just because of his button down, business like approach to what is an incredibly emotional game, but I don't think it is fair to call him money grubbing. As I recall he was expected to go first overall after his junior year if he wanted, but he decided to stay because he wanted a national championship.

And he still missed the national championship by one year. ;) He graduated after the '97 season, Tennessee won the very first BCS championship in '98.

To tell the truth, I hated that SOB when he was at Tennessee. (I'm an Alabama fan, and Tide fans hate the Vols with a passion)

However, he has carried himself very well in his NFL career so I like him as a player. He will likely own all the records by the time he's done.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That was a fun game to watch.

But almost no penalties

the pass protection by both teams was really amazing

I no specific opinion on Manning specifically (he made good calls at the line real time), but why would anyone root against someone for the reason of approaching his job as work instead of as an emotion-ridden freak like most people do?

funny, when Favre came to the Vikings, there was a ton of "tough male fans" calling into radio shows about how they "felt" :S about it. I guess watching football brings out men's feminine sides....:D:ph34r::ph34r:

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Peyton Manning did get to live his father's dream of throwing the touchdown pass that won New Orleans their first Super Bowl.:D:D

ooooooh SNAP! :D:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban