Tiger6513

Snow

this is some serious BS. It stopped snowing here in richmond a couple of hours ago but the drive to work this morning was scary and I grew up in massachusetts. We have gotten more snow in the last 2 weeks than they have gotten in mass. I think the world is coming to an end. Looks like DC and Balto are getting hammered.
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

It's been pretty heavy here in south/central OH as well... Beth's drive to work has been scary... as she is often out before the plows and other drivers have had a chance to get the roads cleaned...

Yesterday morning was particularly bad... her company also implied that they were still required to show up to work even if it required them to pass through/drive in a level 3 snow emergency area or similar... which is really a poor company policy...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

agreed!! It's been in the 60s here and we've been complaining! lol
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

Fire and Ice shield is your friend.

I installed it from the edge to eight feet up.

However with all the snow we had the last two months and the freeze thaw; I had water dripping in around the roof vents.

So as soon as the roof is clear and dry I am going to use a few tubes of roofing cement/caulk and do the perimeters of each one.

They were all properly flashed, but the water was pooling and wicked its way in.

I found a few spots on the ceilings in one bedroom and in the closet.

They are dry now but I am going to have to address the problem very soon.

I think if you go out and bang on the downspouts it will breakup the ice in the downspout and it should all come out at the bottom. I had to do this last weekend and go the melting snow to flow down the downspouts. I started at the bottom of the down spout and just pounded on it with my fist and work my way up until i could reach no more but the constant pounding helped move the ice above where i could reach to come sliding down. just a suggestion.
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2