Boris73

Which canopy design?

I have already started this over at ukskydiver but thought I would post it here to get even more votes (yes I am a vote whore;)) I am ordering a Triathlon ZPX 190 on monday and I am torn between 2 designs, but I have made some variants for you to vote on.

Yeah I heard about that, I am hoping someone with a black canopy who has chopped it, can validate or disprove that.

He will when he gets back in;
He's still searching for it.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Something to consider in picking the color for your canopy is how easy it would be to find if you chop it. I notice you are picking darker colors which would make it harder to find if you chop it.

Brighter colors (other than blue or white) are also easier for others to spot in the air.

Collision aviodance is good.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Make sure you consider the photon pressure as well. So far so good looks like. The matching colors on the top skin and bottom skin will ensure you wont get too much pressure on either the top or bottom. Personally, i like the green ribs, and they will help your canopy pressurize more evenly.

Whats with the all black canopy and green center cell? Looks like a base canopy. Not sure what to make of that, although i have heard rumors it increases your chances of getting pussy to 3 to 1.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Another aspect of picking colors is resale, a dark colored canopy may be harder to resale at a high price due to it being harder to spot if cut away. Also stay away from pink, it just bad in general.

+1
Also consider that the darker colors will soak up the sunlight as opposed to reflecting it. I don't know for sure but it might add to "wear" on the canopy.

Bright is good and findable.;)

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Yeah I heard about that, I am hoping someone with a black canopy who has chopped it, can validate or disprove that.

I have gone and found a black canopy in the woods. It sucked. For that and for safety's sake, get some brighter colors. We typically just by stock off the shelf. I don't care if it matches my gear 'cause it's only out under canopy. ;):D

Dark colors tend to muddy the lighter accents, making a drab canopy.

If, by chance you do decide to pick a new color scheme for lighter colors, there's certainly nothing wrong with a dark center cell, since it gets the most soiled/stained/dirty from packing, lighter colors fade fast. Just my $.02...but if I were stuck with only that selection, I think I'd pick design number 6.

Triathlons are great great canopies. As long as you're not crazy with packing it, and have a good body position during deployment, its openings and flying characteristics will serve you very well. B|

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Brighter colors (other than blue or white) are also easier for others to spot in the air.

Yes, I had the great idea to order a silver (With black ribs!) Crossfire. It's really beautiful under the sun, but I have to borrow or rent a rig for the sunset loads; NOBODY can see me then and I had two close calls... My next one will include very bright colors!

I have already started this over at ukskydiver but thought I would post it here to get even more votes (yes I am a vote whore;)) I am ordering a Triathlon ZPX 190 on monday and I am torn between 2 designs, but I have made some variants for you to vote on.

So the student is sitting down going over malfunctions with the picture flash cards. Line twists, bag lock, broken lines, and horseshoe malfunctions are all correctly identified by the student. One more to go - so the instructor pulls out the "no mal" picture and holds it over the students head and says "Is it there?" Yes "Is it square?" Yes "Is it steerable?" Yes - "OK what do you do" The student says, "Fly it home, it's a good canopy." The instructor yells, WRONG, Chop IT! It's a Triathalon!":D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yes, I had the great idea to order a silver (With black ribs!) Crossfire. It's really beautiful under the sun, but I have to borrow or rent a rig for the sunset loads; NOBODY can see me then and I had two close calls... My next one will include very bright colors!

I once had a canopy that had a solid tan top, and alternating light-blue/white bottom, (some will recognize the pattern.:ph34r:)
I had a jump pilot complain that he could not find me when looking down for canopies on his descent.

Bright colors are good, unless you are doing clandestine jumps where you want to remain undetected.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.