Nataly

Fiew.. I'm relieved..

After several weeks of tormenting myself over what to do next, I finally decided to relocate to Amsterdam to move in with my boyfriend. I even had interviews lined up..

As always, however, plans never work out as planned!! :D:D I got a very last-minute interview request for an amazing opportunity here in London. I went and almost immediately they offered me the job. Great company, great role, great people - great everything. They even suggested flexible work hours to allow me to commute more easily to Amsterdam because the agency told them about my situation..

I have a difficult decision to make.. My heart and my head are pulling me in opposite directions.. But honestly, I'm so delighted that I have two great options to choose from.. It's so much less nerve-racking than not having a clue what to do (or not having any options at all)..

Sorry I've been so cranky/self-absorbed/emotional for the last several weeks, but thanks to all of you who have been extremely supportive.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Congrats on the job offer but haven't you only been dating this guy for a couple of months?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Since October.. I agree this is pretty recent.. We both view it as an opportunity for us to get to know each-other better and if it doesn't work out it's not a biggie.. He's only there until the end of September, so it would be like a trial period of sorts - after 6 months if things are going well we can decide what we want to do next.. Still see each-other but live separately; move somewhere else together; go our separate ways..
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

As always, however, plans never work out as planned!! :D:D I got a very last-minute interview request for an amazing opportunity here in London. I went and almost immediately they offered me the job. Great company, great role, great people - great everything. They even suggested flexible work hours to allow me to commute more easily to Amsterdam because the agency told them about my situation..

Reynholm Industries?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

There's way too many cheap flights to Schiphol to make this a tough decision... ;)

The only thing tough about the decision is that I know you're right, but I *want* to move to Amsterdam!! :D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

There's way too many cheap flights to Schiphol to make this a tough decision... ;)

The only thing tough about the decision is that I know you're right, but I *want* to move to Amsterdam!! :D:D

I though women were supposed to be smart enough to not think with their little brains?:ph34r: [/sly]

Seriously, its a tough call...

Not sure what your employment opps would be like in AMS tho... From my dealings there, English was fine for dealings with their companies as a UK provider, but it was pretty much straight Dutch internally.
Remster

Not sure what your employment opps would be like in AMS tho... From my dealings there, English was fine for dealings with their companies as a UK provider, but it was pretty much straight Dutch internally.

Jobs-wise it looks good, otherwise I wouldn't even consider it. I'm *not* tossing my career aside for a boy! :S

I think I already know I'm going to take the job here.. I just haven't quite accepted my decision yet! :D:D But yeah.. In the grand scheme of things, 6 months is not a long time..
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

After reading the rest of this, definitely go for the job. If you're meant to be with the guy, he'll stick around. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

After reading the rest of this, definitely go for the job. If you're meant to be with the guy, he'll stick around. :)

+ 1

Is this the guy who is expecting a baby?

Well, his ex is expecting a baby, yes :D

I've just re-read my post and thought: "I wasn't excited until I got the job offer"... (Which in a way makes sense because moving is pretty scary anyhow!!)

Plus I got an email from my dad.. I totally expected him to say "go for the job" but he cunningly used reverse psychology and said "whatever you do, follow your heart".. >:(

I don't have to decide until Monday.. But for now I'm thinking I'm going to be racking up those frequent flyer miles!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Sorry I've been so cranky/self-absorbed/emotional for the last several weeks, but thanks to all of you who have been extremely supportive.

You're Welcome:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Pfft. Love comes and goes. Money is forever.
Sorry for being sentimental.

Man, I wish *that* were true.. Money comes and goes as well, unfortunately!! :|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

As much as this belongs in the womens only forum - congrats on the job - it will last longer than the french.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun