InfiniteSky

OC Spray...

Doctors , Lawyers, Cops , Bikers, Ballet Dancer's , Actors , CEO's...once we put on those parachutes, and climb into a plane, we are all just Skydivers!

We're all just clowns. We all put on funny clothes. Make funny faces. Do funny things and treat hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of aircraft like a damned clown car!:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

One of the many things I love about Skydiving, Is I have been able to make friends with people that normally wouldn't give me the tiem of day!

Doctors , Lawyers, Cops , Bikers, Ballet Dancer's , Actors , CEO's...once we put on those parachutes, and climb into a plane, we are all just Skydivers!

Awwe - don't be so hard on yourself - Cops and Lawyers give you the time of day all the time!:D:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If you're a pig fucker and you put on a parachute, you're still a pig fucker.

My oldest brother was a cop back in the 70s, before tasers and pepper spray. Then, the "less-lethal" solution was called a "night stick". Intentional strikes to the head were strictly forbidden. However, arms, legs, joints and asses were fair targets. Broken limbs mend a lot more easily than broken nervous systems. The only drawback is that one must get up close and personal to use it. I believe the favored target at that time was the kneecap. The saying: "One blow and you're good to go." Ouch!

Ahh . . . I long for the simpler times.

Joe
simplify

We're all just clowns. We all put on funny clothes. Make funny faces. Do funny things and treat hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of aircraft like a damned clown car!:D

Never thought of it that way but the truth in that is crazy!:D
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Pepper spray is banned for use in war by Article I.5 of the Chemical Weapons Convention which bans the use of all riot control agents in warfare whether lethal or non-lethal.

So it's illegal in war but OK to use it on civilians in peacetime. :S

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Pepper spray is banned for use in war by Article I.5 of the Chemical Weapons Convention which bans the use of all riot control agents in warfare whether lethal or non-lethal.

I think in war it's purpose is not exactly less-than-lethal, atleast that's not the intention. It would be used to cause havoc, slow down, etc... all with the end result and intention of killing whoever it would be used on.

One of the many things I love about Skydiving, Is I have been able to make friends with people that normally wouldn't give me the tiem of day!

What do you have against bikers?>:(

:P

Awwe - don't be so hard on yourself - Cops and Lawyers give you the time of day all the time!:D:D:D:D

In writing no less!:D

What do you have against bikers?>:(

:P

LOL, I think the most Unique friend I have made is Joesepha Evaley(her maiden name I can;t remember what it changed to after marriage) A Prema Balarina...I filmed her student jumps, she redifine gracefull in the sky, from day one!

Plus while filming her, I was working for a Riverside Homicide Sargent! (Ivan Henry)

Hey, where did you get the list of people that died by taser? Just curious because I wasn't able to find that list. As far as I know every person who has died form being struck with a taser has had underlying medical conditions.

The problem is that people can die from oc spray too. I can't imagine it'd be too good for someone who has asthma to get sprayed with OC, so it's a risk either way.

In certain circumstances it's a lot safer incapacitating someone using either taser or oc spray than getting into a physical altercation with someone who is not complying with an officers legal requests.

After chasing after someone for instance: you're out of breath, tired, fatigued, and that person is trying to get away at ALL costs. Your choices are to spray them in the back with OC(won't do anything), taser them, or risk getting into a physical confrontation(in which case an officer could lose both the fight and his gun … and a whole lot of people would be in a world of trouble).

I’ve experienced both and that if I had the choice, I’d take the taser. OC was horrible, it took an hour before I could keep my eye open on my own and I got to use water right after getting sprayed. If you get sprayed because you weren’t complying with an officer you’re most likely not getting a chance to wash it out for a long time.

In the end, just be a good boy/girl and you won’t have to worry about experiencing either.

I think in war it's purpose is not exactly less-than-lethal, atleast that's not the intention. It would be used to cause havoc, slow down, etc... all with the end result and intention of killing whoever it would be used on.

Whatever the reason, it's still curious that it's use is illegal in wartime against an enemy army, but OK for the government to use in peacetime against its own civilians.

Actually "curious" is the wrong word, "travesty" is better.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hey, where did you get the list of people that died by taser? Just curious because I wasn't able to find that list. As far as I know every person who has died form being struck with a taser has had underlying medical conditions.

I found it here;

http://truthnottasers.blogspot.com/2008/04/what-follows-are-names-where-known.html

You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Here in Ontario, Calif. we had a taser death in 1986. A young man got drunk and threatened to kill his common law wife. He doused her with gasoline and held a lighter to her and their little newborn son.
Tasers were pretty new then and only a surpervisor was allowed to carry them on our PD.
A long time Sgt. drew his gun on the fellow and oredered him to release his wife and child. The guy was screaming in Spanish and was dragging them around the back yard. The officer holstered his sidearm and got the taser. He approached him and shot the darts at the suspect.
It was "Flame On". The suspect bounced around the backyard like Johnny Torch, catching the trash cans, buches and garage on fire.
The officer grabbed a dry chem extinguisher and put out the suspect, who had severe burns by this point.
I was on the Arson Squad back then and the big wigs from the Taser Corp. came out to our training center to do some testing. Yup, people conduct electricity and if they are covered with gasoline they will explode if tasered.
The Sgt. should have just shot the guy with his service revolver.
And of course his common law wife sued our city for a few million dollars. We settled out of court for $650,000. There went our 1987 raises.
Like a few others here, I have been working the streets for a long time. I highly recommend riding out with your local PD if you think it's all fun and games and abuse of power. Hell, in this day and age of cell phone cameras and videos, I'm surprised any bad guys get beaten or tased.:P
Ask yourself what all of those people on the list were doing to get themselves tased. I doubt if they were just sitting having ice cream on a summer evening.
It can get pretty ugly and violent out there.

Thanks for the website!! I’ve never seen a list like this and it's astounding!! It'll take me a while to digest and go through these names, but so far I’m going up the list from the most recent and I can only see that the people have died... as the list says "after being tasered.” I'm still trying to find a list of people that have died as a direct result of ONLY being tasered and not because of an underlying medical condition. I think the list does a very good job avoiding blaming the taser for the death by using words like “related to” and "after being tasered” but doesn’t say that the deaths were caused solely by the application of the taser.

My point of bringing up their word games is that being shocked and handcuffed can throw someone into a state of "Excited Delirium" and they can die from that, but so can any physical altercation resulting in the police putting their hands on someone. I watched a video physical fight in one of my classes where after a man fought with police and was handcuffed he died as a result of this "Excited Delirium." The police preformed CPR, rushed him to a hospital, did everything they could, but he died anyway. No taser was used, but if it was, I’m sure he would have been added to this statistic of people that have died "after being tasered" even though he didn't die because of the taser.

Do you know of any list of people that have died as a result of only being shocked?