TrophyHusband

fuck lowes

I replaced that belt every 2 months until...

...the gate went crooked.:P

:P:P:P

You need some new material. ;););)

Yeah...I get that a lot! [:/];)

At your age, there isn't a lot left that you haven't used ... :D:D:P

I get THAT a lot too! >:(

Lub you, 'twardo ... :)

Gud nite Shell! :$;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Be careful with Samsung. I bought a new Samsung washer and dryer (smaller front loaders) in 2005. The dryer was fine for about 3 years and then the belt broke. I replaced that belt every 2 months until I replaced the dryer completely last year with an LG.

The washer is still running fine but I will be replacing it with the matching LG washer soon (the Samsung is just too small for me now).

+1

Two pump/motor assemblies and an electronic controller later, I've decided against purchasing any more Samsung laundry machines. Also, if the washer goes unused for a couple of days with the door closed, I have to add some bleach to the tub before starting a load due to the musty smell that develops. I have well water so I don't get any help with chlorinated water from any municipal source- but I'm not sure that would remedy the situation.

You might also take the model # of the Samsung machine you're considering and determine exactly what is involved in getting replacement parts.
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.

Be careful with Samsung. I bought a new Samsung washer and dryer (smaller front loaders) in 2005. The dryer was fine for about 3 years and then the belt broke. I replaced that belt every 2 months until I replaced the dryer completely last year with an LG.

The washer is still running fine but I will be replacing it with the matching LG washer soon (the Samsung is just too small for me now).

+1

Two pump/motor assemblies and an electronic controller later, I've decided against purchasing any more Samsung laundry machines. Also, if the washer goes unused for a couple of days with the door closed, I have to add some bleach to the tub before starting a load due to the musty smell that develops. I have well water so I don't get any help with chlorinated water from any municipal source- but I'm not sure that would remedy the situation.

You might also take the model # of the Samsung machine you're considering and determine exactly what is involved in getting replacement parts.

I think that is any of the front loaders... My family has one (sorry the brand escapes me right now), and once this one dies my parents plan to buy a top loading washer. We had issues with it a couple years back, and when my mom asked the repair guy about the musty smell, he said that is a problem with all front loading washers, because it has to keep water in the well to keep it balanced (or something like that).

A while back I had came into lowes around 1 PM in the afternoon to purchase several pieces or lumber I was going to need to replace our front porch. It was several hundred dollars worth of lumber. So I told the person I was checking out with that I plan on being back at 5 pm and please have my lumber together and I'll pick it up at 5. I show up at 5 and there's no one in the lumber department. I had to walk around the store for 10 minutes just to find someone that could check on my order. No one had worked on my order and I was now going to have to go find all the lumber I had already paid for and take it out to my wife's truck. Whatever. I was just wanting to get out of there so I could go back to my house and put the wood in my garage for the next morning. So I go get all the lumber by myself...put it on a cart and 25 minutes later I am ready to show my receipt at the door and load it up in our truck and leave. So once again I had to go find someone to check me out. And this older 50 ish woman comes over finally and starts checking me out. I figured no problem...usually 50 year old women are usually nice..not this bitch...>:( So for at least 7-8 minutes she sits there and fiddle fucks around with the register and cant figure out how to get my purchase I had already paid for. So around 10 minutes later...me ...still being patient...she starts ringing me up. Finally finds my order and we get down to 4 pieces of trim that are 10 feet long. Well appearantly the one on my original order is a number or two off of what I got the second time and even though its the EXACT same size, width AND price...she has the audacity to say to the guys who are loading this lumber on my truck...fellas dont put another piece on that truck until he pays for these last pieces. This is where I snap. I said wait a minute...I paid for the order 4 hours ago...I waited here while your incompetant ass couldnt figure out how to work the fucking cash register and didnt say anything...and now you want to bust my balls because YOUR people didnt get this order together 4 hours ago, and I had to do it myself...and now there are 4 pieces of trim that are the same size, price and color as whats on the receipt...well sir we need to do this for inventory purposes...and we have to know whats leaving the store.................

me moving in two inches or her face.....
I'm going to go out to my truck and get my wife.....

I DARE you to pop off one more time to me like that again.

me going out to get my wife out of the truck.....
wife: whats taking so long?
me: (yelling) you need to come out here before I knock this bitch the fuck out!!

My wife comes over and the lady totally changes her tune for her and a few minutes later we get checked out and leave almost an hour after we got there...

I think that is any of the front loaders...

We have had the same issue with ours. The key is to not leave the washer door closed after the load finishes washing. As soon as you notice the load is done open the door even if you cant or dont plan on putting them in the dryer yet. then you still leave the door open after you remove the clothes. We leave our washer door open all the time. You can close it after a while, when the moisture is gone from inside. Then about once a month you should run a wash cycle with no cloths and a 1/4 cup of bleach in there to kill the smell. We figured this out the hard way>:(
If you read the instructions i'm sure you will find the same info in there.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

We're new to the front loader game, but I've seen there's always a few ounces of water sitting in the bottom of the front seal after every load. I try and wipe that out. It's also where the loose coins, bobby pins and gum wrappers accumulate.:S:D

That may not be normal... we cant see any in ours after words. There maybe some under the tub but not viable.

Also you may want to look into the info in the post above. We screwed up and didnt read the instructions and know there is always a slight smell to our towels and they are never as soft as she likes[:/] Now she wants it fixed and the only way I have figured out how to do that is with a new washer:S

JohnDeere is probably correct, but I'll not jeopardize my man-card by reading the instructions.;)

:D:D:D:D

I had to give my damn man card back or buy a new washer to replace one that wasnt a year old......yea i'm a little bitch...but I saved me a thousand dollars:):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Hi Jim,

Slightly OT but what the heck.

I have a friend who recently bought a '04 Z-4 ( I think you have something similar B| ) and it came without a spare. Has a can & a compressor.

I recently bought a '02 Lexus SC430 and it came without a spare. So I bought a BMW Mobility Kit on eBay Motors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-tire-Mobility-Kit_W0QQitemZ230448579453QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item35a7ce437d

JerryBaumchen

look around for a scratch and dent clearinghouse close by. We have one the next town over and it rocks. Stuff is really cheap and most has a scratch or dent on the side. Whoopty doo, most of the scratches and dents will never be seen due to them being on the side facing the wall or the other machine. I've seen stuff as cheap as just over half off list price.

Yeah, that's how I got my $850 KitchenAid dishwasher for only $350. I could not find anything wrong with it other than it was returned by the original buyer. It was sitting in the Sears store's clearance room for such items as you mentioned.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

the scratch and dent stuff we've found so far would be fine, but its all been smaller units. i have three boys who generate a lot of laundry and will only generate more in the future so i want the mega capacity washer and dryer.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I have a Frigidaire front loader washer and matching dryer. I've had them since December '08 but I always wipe the rubber gasket dry with a cloth or paper towel and leave the door open when not in use. I never had a problem with smell.

I like the fact that front loaders actually clean my clothes, and do so with less detergent and water.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

the scratch and dent stuff we've found so far would be fine, but its all been smaller units. i have three boys who generate a lot of laundry and will only generate more in the future so i want the mega capacity washer and dryer.

Yeah, I know. I would be hard-pressed to actually find a matching set in one of those rooms anyway. I do at least a load of laundry every day with two girls and a wife. Far cry from the bachelor days where you could get by on one load a week! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah, I know. I would be hard-pressed to actually find a matching set in one of those rooms anyway. I do at least a load of laundry every day with two girls and a wife. Far cry from the bachelor days where you could get by on one load a week! :D

Ewww... Note to self: Dont have a family!!

Ewww... Note to self: Dont have a family!!

It's not so bad. The work is well worth it. I have three happy ladies in my house.

You want a holy fucking shit situation? Look at the Duggars. They have I think 3 or 4 sets of washers and dryers and do an insane number of loads a week. Hell, it's like 4 or 5 loads a fucking day! :S

You want a holy fucking shit situation? Look at the Duggars. They have I think 3 or 4 sets of washers and dryers and do an insane number of loads a week. Hell, it's like 4 or 5 loads a fucking day!

Sure, but they have enough child labor in the house to start producing Nike's...laundry couldn't be that big of a deal.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hi Trophy,

IMO all the more reasons for staying away from the crap at Lowe's.

Spend the money & get something that will take the beating/useage and last.

JerryBaumchen

You want a holy fucking shit situation? Look at the Duggars. They have I think 3 or 4 sets of washers and dryers and do an insane number of loads a week. Hell, it's like 4 or 5 loads a fucking day!

Sure, but they have enough child labor in the house to start producing Nike's...laundry couldn't be that big of a deal.

:D:D Very good point.