Ketia0

Do you NOT have a blackberry?

Blackberry's are SO 2005.
iPhone is now the dominate smart phone.

Disagree - had both at the same time. BB was superior in many ways.

iPhone had better GPS/mapping capability and a nice big touch screen. Apps were more prolific, but most of them sucked.

BB had better key input, stability, security, quality, battery life, pictures, email, wireless speed (Verizon vs. AT&T), modem tether (I hear that AT&T *just* started offering this), more compact.

I did not play games on both phones, so I can't comment on that.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Blackberry Tour!! Just got it with Verizon

Waiting for the Sprint version with WiFi - coming early next year. Verizon loves to disable WiFi - they have a 5 gig limit for EVDO - the idea is when you are surfing all those movies at home, you'll go over 5 gig, then it's like $1 per *meg*. They did that on my BB Curve. Screw Verizon - I'll go with a carrier that doesn't play games like that.

At least in the Verizon Tour, they allowed GPS. They disabled it on my curve to sell their crappy cell triangulation service.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

So I got an HTC HD2 - and managed to crash the OS within 2 days - gotta go to T-Mobile to get it fixed.

Basically, my first problem was that I accidentally told the phone to download all of my emails from yahoo..going back to 2002. So that made it both a) work very slowly and b) drained the battery (wasn't fully charged).

Then, after some research online, I followed their advice and turned off HTC sense and went to Windows default. it seemed to work OK, so I figured it was the download of the emails that made it work badly. So I went back to HTC Sense and got a perpetual "starting Sense" message on the home page. So I hit the windows button - and now can't access settings, can't access the home page (nothing happens when i hit the home button on the face of the phone and the home icon in the windows screen doesn't work).

Does anyone else have this phone and have had issues with it?

I really like it, and it has potential, but if I can break it this easily, I may have to down-grade...

So I got an HTC HD2 - and managed to crash the OS within 2 days - gotta go to T-Mobile to get it fixed.

Basically, my first problem was that I accidentally told the phone to download all of my emails from yahoo..going back to 2002. So that made it both a) work very slowly and b) drained the battery (wasn't fully charged).

Then, after some research online, I followed their advice and turned off HTC sense and went to Windows default. it seemed to work OK, so I figured it was the download of the emails that made it work badly. So I went back to HTC Sense and got a perpetual "starting Sense" message on the home page. So I hit the windows button - and now can't access settings, can't access the home page (nothing happens when i hit the home button on the face of the phone and the home icon in the windows screen doesn't work).

I really like it, and it has potential, but if I can break it this easily, I may have to down-grade...

Wife & I both have them and with my neophyte skills...I love it.

Had some problems accessing the net at first with mine to, went back and the reset it, that was 4 months ago and not a problem since.

Might want to add a memory chip right away though...really helps.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Wife & I both have them and with my neophyte skills...I love it.

Had some problems accessing the net at first with mine to, went back and the reset it, that was 4 months ago and not a problem since.

Might want to add a memory chip right away though...really helps.

thanks for the tip - it comes with a memory card, so I don't think that's the issue. Also, glad to know it's not hopeless.

The fact I jumped right in, didn't download updates and probably should have followed the setup instructions didn't help. So maybe I just need to format it and start from scratch. I'd lose the 2 transformers movies it came with as a promotion, but that's not a big deal.

If you are comfortable Flashing Roms.. Goto PPCGeeks or XDA.

Some people there cook some great ROMS for HTC Phones. I have a Touchpro2 Running the HD2 ROM and with Maxmanila.
I have also been able to get phone set for Dual boot where I can Run either Winmo 6.5 or Android.

If you are comfortable getting geeky, HTC phones are great.

Otherwise.. The simple answer to your question is "Hard Reset". Search for instruction for your phone. You may have to call your provider (Verizon, Sprint, whoever) to get your phoned reprovisioned afterward. No big deal takes a few seconds.

But want to be in a Special closed knit group for only non-BB holders??

Group privileges include, but are not limited to, late night texting, random boredism calls, pix messages of the most random, and an occasional video message every now and then. :D

Only one rule... No BB holders allowed... ;)

:ph34r::D:)
I beat the system

Hi T-K-O,
'No Black Berry here (the electronic device!). However, there's a bunch of black berry briars growing behind the shed and they ought to put out enough berrys this summer to make a good batch of Black Berry Wine!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

So I got an HTC HD2... ...crash the OS... ...download all of my emails... ...after some research... ...Windows default... ...message on the home page... ...can't access settings... ...memory card... ...didn't download updates... ...setup instructions... ...format it and start from scratch...

I remember joking with colleagues at Motorola about this dystopian future of cell phones back in 2001 when even the concept of "rebooting your phone" was laughable.

It really keeps me from getting excited about consumer electronics like I used to.

So I got an HTC HD2... ...crash the OS... ...download all of my emails... ...after some research... ...Windows default... ...message on the home page... ...can't access settings... ...memory card... ...didn't download updates... ...setup instructions... ...format it and start from scratch...

I remember joking with colleagues at Motorola about this dystopian future of cell phones back in 2001 when even the concept of "rebooting your phone" was laughable.

It really keeps me from getting excited about consumer electronics like I used to.

yeah, i know what you mean.

I still get pretty excited when i hear "Nintendo announces..." related to hardware.

A Couple of great aps I would reccomend:

PIM Backup. is a great Back up utility. Back up all your info to your sim card or elsewhere very easily.

All HTC phones are really designed for geeky type that like to play with reg setting and tweek the hell out of the phone. Unlock it and really see what the phone can do.;)

Shashimi is another great back up tool that and auto installer that will back up all Apps, cabs and reg setting and restore if you need to hard reset.

B&B tweeks is another great app for adapting the phone to your needs.

I disagree about disabling Sense 2.5. It is great and even better if you drop in either Maxmanila or Cookies Home page mods.

Your phome had a much better processor and more memory than mine so these things should run even better on it.

I dont have a phone. Let me tell ya, pretty liberating.

I don't know how you, or anyone for that matter can do that these days.

I don't go crazy without my phone for a day or something, but definitely don't like not having my blackberry on me at all times.

Most people probably secretly laugh at me for always having a bluetooth earpiece on too... Hey, I walk with crutches - you try picking up a phone while having to hold them...
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of