billvon

Elsinore Memorial Day demo

Three jumpers landed in the cemetery with American flags and an armed forces flag. They landed in an area with no graves (I think it was a 'future graves' area because it looked like the rest of the cemetery.) Which was a good thing; landing on graves would be sorta creepy. It was part of a small community celebration of Memorial Day. Other activities included a Huey helicopter landing, live music and firing of some Civil War era cannons. There were maybe 150 people there.

And where do you land in a cemetery?:S

The real question is what is done if you burn in?

"A skydiver's chute failed to open as he jumped into the cemetery, resulting in his death. 300 dead bodies recovered and the authorities expect to find more..."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

My wife called me out front yesterday when she saw u guys under canopy. I saw the jumper who had the flag fly towards the cemetery. I live pretty close, so close in fact, my backyard is in the last pic you posted, second backyard on the bottom right.

Nice Job! :)

"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

And where do you land in a cemetery?:S

Yeah, that was my thought too.

I was "told" very early on in my skydiving career that its really bad mojo to actually land in a cemetery! :S
The cemetary is one out in Titusville. SSC. Always thought that was a little weird. Take the football stadium. I did. Twice. Cool to fly thru the goalpost. ;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I was "told" very early on in my skydiving career that its really bad mojo to actually land in a cemetery! :S

Years ago, doing a backyard barbecue demo, the landing area was the cemetery behind the fence. I opted for an accuracy approach between the trees into the backyard. Less bad ju-ju.;)