drdive

United Parcel Service are IDIOTS

UPS is good about that in the the City. They always say that they attempted to deliver during business hours and no one was there. WE have a person at our front desk from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm monday through friday and they try to come at 7 and 8 pm. I have had 3 packages like that in the last 6 months. Always something you really really need. bastards!

When I worked at SQ1, we used FEDEX unless we had no other choice. Kate and Tony hated UPS.
Dom

Isnt the legal age to be an adult 18? So in order to sign for a UPS package you have to be 21? that is nuts

Maybe it was a shipment of whiskey?:P

Damn.
You beat me to it.B|

A couple years ago I ordered a bunch of lockpick....errr....bicycle spokes from a shop in CA.
As I daily checked the UPS web tracking site, I followed them from:
- CA to the local CO UPS hub.
- Back to CA, (but not to the city from which they shipped).
- Back to CO, and finally delivered.
:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Recent package I ordered from Amazon

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, June 05, 2010, 3:16 am, JAMAICA, NY 11430
Processed through Sort Facility, June 04, 2010, 12:56 am, JAMAICA, NY 11430
Processed through Sort Facility, June 03, 2010, 1:41 am, JAMAICA, NY 11430
Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 02, 2010

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hahahaha....I love this thread is about me and my rig but haven't got to put my 2 cents in until now. The 20 year olds that were here were my son and daughter in law.....
They specifically were here all day to sign for the container. My son lives here. And....we live out in the middle of nowhere so it is not like there is a neighbor that would "steal" the package. I am sure that it could happen, however, I think that it would have a better chance being stolen by the local deer.

In talking to UPS when I picked up the package, it is there policy that when they want an adult signature that person has to be over 21. I don't really blame mirage for wanting an adult signature - they need to cover their ass ....I honestly was more irritated that the person to sign for it had to be 21. 18 year olds go to bigperson jail instead of juvi, they can buy tobacco ect ect ect , and are considered to be adults by most standards; my bad for not reading what UPS' standards were for who is considered an adult in advance.

UPS lady wasn't too happy with me - I told her that we had trouble getting to a real person. What she told me is that you have to say "Customer Service" x amount of times before they will transfer you. I am thinking that she was able to read the email that Doc had sent them with a rant. And then she just continued on about it being "their" policy - so I just smiled politely and said thank you...... I think the big frustration is we spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to actually talk to someone live to make arrangements to pick it up. The internet page is useless and then you try and call someone and just get the computerized choices. When they were at the house to drop off the package the first time, they didn't leave a slip or any info - just said they would try to deliver again tomorrow; my fear was that if we didn't get it, it would go back to mirage.

I am just glad the container is here - and yes, it fits;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

So....you knew it was coming adult signature required - and left someone there to pick it up that didn't meet the policy? Did I miss something here?

And a logical person would conclude that a 20 year old living in the household would be adult enough to sign. Sorry I didn't read their fucking fine print in their lousy website before aranging to have a responsible 20 year old adult hear to sigh for it (sigh)

Oh well, all's well that ends well. Rig is here, fits, note to self - don't use UPS.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

From what I understand they have the "21 and over" option for shippers of alcohol,

Also for shipping firearms. I had a 44 magnum sent back to the manufacturer for warranty work. They shipped it back UPS, it had to be signed by someone 21 or older.

But as much as I think UPS is a poorly-run organization, your beef is with Mirage in this case

Ding ding ding!!!

My father works for UPS, and he has to deal with all manner of BS from people. It's not the girl on the phone's fault that Mirage chose that option.>:(

They weren't shipping alcohol. They weren't shipping firearms. ou don't have to be 21 to have a skydiving container. A signature from an adult household member should have been sufficient in this case!! What if it was the 20 year old who had ordered the Mirage container? Shouldn't he/she be able to sign for it?? Nuff said.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

They weren't shipping alcohol. They weren't shipping firearms. ou don't have to be 21 to have a skydiving container. A signature from an adult household member should have been sufficient in this case!! What if it was the 20 year old who had ordered the Mirage container? Shouldn't he/she be able to sign for it?? Nuff said.

i wondered that too doc, but since they ordered it - it would be ok if they weren't 21..... or maybe that is an assumption -hehehehe - ;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~

UPS has one age, and one age only. It simplifies things for the driver and the clients. (In most cases.);)

UPS lady ... told me is that you have to say "Customer Service" x amount of times before they will transfer you.

Could you clarify that if you can? Is that really their official policy? Is that like, you must say specifically, "I want to talk to Customer Service now" or something like that? Do you know how many time that needs to be spoken? I'm going to ask my UPS driver about that.

The ups gal just told me that was what had to be done to talk to a person on the phone......she didn't show any offical polcy or anything lke that...iit was a statement made in passing conversation. Wish it was part of their menu .......as for me m/odeling the rig with no clothes on???? Well for you mr mitchell you would need the mrs permission first ;)

DPH # 2

as for me modeling the rig with no clothes on???? Well for you mr mitchell you would need the mrs permission first ;)

I do have to admit, knocking on your motel room door in Fitzgerald and walking in to see you decked out in that silk red nightie, was enough of a treat. ;)

Drdive, you da man! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban