airdvr

Rock Band Rocks!

Yes, They had it for Xbox 360. The whole set up, drums, mic, 2 guitars. It was great entertainment for the first few hours. They got pretty good 'till they stopped to drink, I mean eat.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Thanks. I've always had a passion for drumming - this has inspired me to get my own kit.

Just keep working at it, it'll get easier, and more fun. Remember - when it gets complicated - break it down and work on one section at a time. Then slowly add pieces back in.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Needless to say, we've been playing Rock Band all day with friends and family. My daughter is a natural. The little bitch is already playing on Medium and it's only her 2nd day playing it. She sure didn't get her musical skills from me! B|

~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

best rock band quote

Friend one upon meeting my roommate

Friend1 "I play Rockband a lot"
Roommate" ya i play too"
Friend1" really what instrument"

I don't think they grasp it's not a real band....
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all who wander are lost.

Addictive stuff. Add me if you ever want to play:

A friend of mine and his brother came over Saturday - they weren't looking to be impressed, and kinda felt the same way I did about the whole "guitar hero" crazy (think South Park) They went out Sunday morning and bought themselves one :D The game is def more fun with more people. I think it's even a little easier if there's other people there to carry you a little.

I would add you, but I have the PS3 version :)
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

(I still don't get why the Xbox version's guitar is wired)

If i remember right, it has something to do with MS not releasing the code or proper instructions to 3rd parties so that they can develop wireless controllers for the 360. i think only ms can make wireless 360 controllers for the moment, tho i could be mistaken

Somewhat correct. MS, for whatever reason, are all uppity about their wireless tech. That said, Activision did get permission to make a guitar for GHIII that was wireless. I use that on Rockband BUT PS3 OWNERS BEWARE - Activision has blocked a patch that allows PS3 compatibility with the device. Basically, Activision aren't playing nice - plenty of details on the web if you want to look it up.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

some how I can vision ian as the game stop employee who is sooo enthusiatic about when telling about behind the scenes information on the games as if it was a water gate scandel lmao!
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

Activision did get permission to make a guitar for GHIII that was wireless. I use that on Rockband BUT PS3 OWNERS BEWARE - Activision has blocked a patch that allows PS3 compatibility with the device. Basically, Activision aren't playing nice - plenty of details on the web if you want to look it up.

Blues,
Ian

I don't follow. I bought GH3 for PS3 and it came with a wireless guitar, wasn't really a problem. But the GH3 guitar will not work with RockBand which still isn't a problem since RockBand comes with it's own wireless guitar (and I bought a second one off eBay)...

Dave

Somewhat correct. MS, for whatever reason, are all uppity about their wireless tech. That said, Activision did get permission to make a guitar for GHIII that was wireless. I use that on Rockband BUT PS3 OWNERS BEWARE - Activision has blocked a patch that allows PS3 compatibility with the device. Basically, Activision aren't playing nice - plenty of details on the web if you want to look it up.

Blues,
Ian

But the PS3 guitar still has a USB dongle .... so why not use that same idea with the 360 version? (the guitar isn't using the PS3 bluetooth to connect as far as I can tell)

Makes me angry that Activision has to be jerks about it - they'd make a small fortune selling guitars if they'd let the patch happen. If Harmonix was smart, they'd hurry up and start selling guitars by themselves.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Addictive stuff. Add me if you ever want to play:

A friend of mine and his brother came over Saturday - they weren't looking to be impressed, and kinda felt the same way I did about the whole "guitar hero" crazy (think South Park) They went out Sunday morning and bought themselves one :D The game is def more fun with more people. I think it's even a little easier if there's other people there to carry you a little.

http://xkcd.com/359/

will see what this does to the number of people who learn to play real instruments... (everytime i offer to buy a friends kids drums/saxophone/bagpipes for xmas i get the cold shoulder for a month):D

although i do have to say watching a couple of friends 'duel' on web cam was more fun than playing the game (GHIII) itself could ever be for me...