rhys

Go the all whites

I can't beleive it, New Zealand drew with Italy in the world cup!!!

Italy are the current world champions and NZ had a draw with them...

Wow!

Go the all whites!

This is only the second time NZ have made the WC the last time was in 1982 when i was only a little boy.

Last game they scored thier first ever WC goal and last night they got another, the first of the game against Italy and Italys only goal was a questionable penalty!!!

We have already won in my books, well done NZ football!

That would be like the USA and the All Blacks drawing in a rugby match...

Not likely!:D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Thats football thanks.

In Football you don't pick up the ball!!!

soccer is an american word not english!!!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Oh... is there a soccer game goin' on?

:S:P

Am I the only one that thinks this thread title sounds like something one would find in SC?[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Am I the only one that thinks this thread title sounds like something one would find in SC?Unsure

the uniform is 'all white' hence the name, same goes for the 'all blacks'...

i've been watching a little world cup. might i suggest the players get some acting lessons? every time an opposing players jersey brushes against someone, he will throw himself on the ground wrything in pain and crying to the ref for not giving a yellow card.

maybe if a little more contact was allowed (not quite as much as hockey) and they scored more goals it would be more fun to watch.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

maybe if a little more contact was allowed (not quite as much as hockey) and they scored more goals it would be more fun to watch.

What do you think the single most popular team sport in the world is?

:D:D

So Now "Soccer" (sorry "football" is a manly sport)

:S

O.k so i'll let you away with your noun but you description is totally unacceptable.

'American football' is very far from a manly sport, it does have contact and it does take strength but manly is hardly an accurate description, roller derby has those attributes and some of the following also.

They wear shiny tights, large pads and helmets, they can only play in one direction (another whole team for playing in defense:S) and for a few seconds at a time.

If you want a manly sport try rugby on for size (the sport you americans changed the rules on to sell more ads), you get all the action but continuous play and the players play both directions and all 90 minutes of the game.

American football is for goons with no stamina that are too scared to hurt themselves. Much like the audience:P.

At least football(soccer) players have the stamina to play an entire 90 minutes. without pads helmets or...ahem... feminine tights and makeup!

Try again buddy!:D:D:D

Actually, I can`t believe your country team didn`t win. I like to support the outsiders.
Still, Italian team is well known to play "psycho football", you know, they piss off the other team sooo much that they get off balance, get some yellow/red cards, free kicks... And Italy wins.
Go all whites!

Oh, and our team beat Germany so I`m in the good mood.
dudeist skydiver #42

Make the stupid game interesting, seed the pitch with "bouncing Betty's
at least them fairy fuckers will earn the stupid amounts paid to them,

For an entertaining spectator sport bring back Australian no rules or British Bulldog.
That would sort out the men from the fairy fuckers.

Gone fishing

The big European countries have been pretty lack-luster this WC...

Italy, Spain, France, England, Portugal (till today... What a trashing that was!). Germany got a bad deal on their second game, but they'll rally for the 3rd, and the Dutch are giving a great show of it.

I suspect Spain will also rise its game to where it should be today... But Italy, the UK, and France really need to look at their game, and do some major changes. With the way they played, they did not deserve the seed position they got...

And if you yanks don't like football, nobody forces you open this thread and post... :P

Remster

i've been watching a little world cup. might i suggest the players get some acting lessons? every time an opposing players jersey brushes against someone, he will throw himself on the ground wrything in pain and crying to the ref for not giving a yellow card.

A friend of mine suggested the "Rodeo Test" to see if the player was injured. As soon as they fall down and writhe around in pain, let a pissed-off bull onto the field. If they don't get up and run like hell, well, they're really injured.:P:D:D

American football' is very far from a manly sport, it does have contact and it does take strength but manly is hardly an accurate description, roller derby has those attributes and some of the following also.

American football is for goons with no stamina that are too scared to hurt themselves. Much like the audience:P.

:D:D Funny as hell post, thanks. I'll tell you, though, when you put on all that stuff and line up on the guy across from you, ready to knock the bejezzus out of each other, it can be a lot of fun. And I do beg to differ on the injury thing. Most football players end their careers due to injuries, great and small. It's not easy on the body. :)

I guess the rest of the world is wrong.

no, the rest of the world is just gay. (not that there's anything wrong with that):P

www.kjandmegan.com

What do you think the single most popular team sport in the world is?

:D:D

appairently its one that involves throwing yourself on the ground, faking and injury, and crying while occasionally kicking a ball around.:D:D

www.kjandmegan.com