airtwardo

Automatic redirects on my computer

Must have got a bug in the box, how do I get this thing to stop redirecting my to bullshit search engines I've never heard of?

I ran every virus, adware etc. program in the book but it still does it! >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

CCleaner is a great free tool for cleaning all kinds of shit on your computer.

I also suggest getting the MVPS hosts file as it will block most ads and malicious websites.

I remember a thread a while back about the ads on dz.com getting out of hand or something... I hadnt noticed, I dont see ads.B|

ETA: The hosts file is extremely easy to remove if you want to get to some of the sites it blocks (certian 'malicious' sites I go to are blocked)

I could just edit them out, but Im lazy.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I had just switched to IE 8 and noticed the same thing happen to me; I use Malwarebytes and McAfee and everytime it shows nothing to clear.

I deleted IE 8 and went back to using IE 7 and it still was happening, so I stopped using Bing! as my search tool and the redirects have stopped. I thought I was going crazy, sorry to say, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who was seeing this sort of problem.
"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

I have IE 8 and it was working fine until a couple days ago when like I said above some weird websites were visited and no these redirects keep happening.

Ran ad-ware , malbytes, AOL fix programs, cleared everything out I can find but every time I search something off I go to some BS search engine...every-time a different one.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hmm, I was very late in updating to IE8 (obviously -LOL) but it started happening to me right after I did, so I just assumed it may have been tied to that. I guess now I know it wasn't.

I was using Bing! as my search engine and now that I've stopped I've had no more redirects... so I'm not sure where the problem is exactly. I need to email my bro-in-law I guess and ask him. (He's a computer guy - I just hit keys and hope it all works out! ;)) If you find out what it is, please post back...

Good luck!

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

No one has mentioned it yet, but I had my old laptop get crudded up with some shit and while AVG and like found a lot of it, it was nothing compared to what the Geek Squad guys found on it...it was amazing. Some people like to poo-poo on Best Buy and the Geek Squad, and yes, I paid over $100 bucks for it, but they did fix it, and thoroughly....just my $0.02.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I have IE 8 and it was working fine until a couple days ago when like I said above some weird websites were visited and no these redirects keep happening.

Ran ad-ware , malbytes, AOL fix programs, cleared everything out I can find but every time I search something off I go to some BS search engine...every-time a different one.

You problem is that there is a program lighting off when
you boot. It checks for the existence of the malware
and then reloads it. That is why you can clean your
system and then the browser redirect reappears.

CCleaner is a pretty good product.

A friend recommends Avast! (the free version) to find
such problems.
Also, I have used HijackThis with some success.

If you download and run all three, that should solve
your problem.

I use Firefox as my browser most of the time, but that won't stop everything. It is available as a free download from Mozilla and will import your bookmarks.
My favorite thing about Firefox is that it has a great pop-up blocker.

It also blocks reported attack sites and pops up a warning.
Some are pretty innocent looking. Not going there is
better than fixing it later.
:)

open internet explorer, copy the address bar contents wehen it's on the shonko url

go to start run/search

type 'regedit'
search the registry for the shonko url, when you find it right click on the string and edit: change the contents to www.google.com or www.hothungguys.com as appropriate.

should be fixed
Dude #320
"Superstitious" is just a polite way of saying "incredibly fucking stupid".
DONK!

PM me, I have something that might work whenever you've got a few mins.

I dont want to go into it on the thread because misuse of the tool could kill a computer pretty quick.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Must have got a bug in the box, how do I get this thing to stop redirecting my to bullshit search engines I've never heard of?

I ran every virus, adware etc. program in the book but it still does it! >:(

I am sooooo bummed.........[:/][:/][:/]

I never get any of this kind of shit on my computer.....

am sooooo bummed.........

What kinda shit DO ya get? :ph34r:

None.... thats the problem... duuuude my computer is boring....no crap that I can go dig thru the registry for... no downloading special tools.. to remove crp off the puter... I mean shit... it really sucks... everything works all the time

:ph34r:

am sooooo bummed.........

What kinda shit DO ya get? :ph34r:

None.... thats the problem... duuuude my computer is boring....no crap that I can go dig thru the registry for... no downloading special tools.. to remove crp off the puter... I mean shit... it really sucks... everything works all the time

:ph34r:

[pretentious voice]That can't possibly be a Windows machine, you must be on a Mac. [/pretentious voice]
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.