d_squared431

Serious post about your health

We all stay pretty current on our routine doctor visits but how many of you get a Derm check every year?

If you have any any suspicious looking skin tags, moles or change in pigmentation of your skin have them checked.

P.S

Use plenty of sun screen and avoid the peak hours if you can..:)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Just went to the derm to have a growth on my face checked out. She got out her liquid nitrogen gun and zapped all over me. I had a lot of burns as a kid and these are the result of it. I had a bunch of pre-cancerous actinic keratosis.

Thanks for posting this Deedy. :)
Hey folks, I just had a big scare with a raspberry looking growth on my back. It's been a horribly stressful 3 weeks waiting for the biopsy results, happy to say I found out yesterday that it is not cancer. It will be removed even though.

To all of you young ladies, (and men) who feel the need to achieve the perfect tan because you think it makes you look better, pfft. Stop. Grow old with healthy skin. Less wrinkles, no cancer. I don't lay out, but I'm a tank top fan. I have learned my lesson.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN!!

A big THANKS to those of you who saw this and kicked my butt into the dr's office. I'd been putting it off for a year and finally went in. Love you!!! :)

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I've got this HUGE growth mid-torso, I thought it was just a beer gut, do you think it could be a tumor?:ph34r:

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

We all stay pretty current on our routine doctor visits but how many of you get a Derm check every year?

If you have any any suspicious looking skin tags, moles or change in pigmentation of your skin have them checked.

P.S

Use plenty of sun screen and avoid the peak hours if you can..:)

A good friend of mine's mom was just diagnosed with skin cancer. It is a rare type of skin cancer where the spots don't have the usual pigment of melanoma, and are difficult to detect (looks like there's nothing there, but cancerous spots do exist). Bottom line, make sure you're looking after your health, get checkups, and use sunscreen!
The best things in life are dangerous.

Skin cancer does not just attack older people... I had a friend of mine who was diagnosed with skin cancer when she was 17...

I was the baby oil sun-tan girl prior to that. Now I am the highest SPF I can find girl.

Take care of yourself!
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I've had a bunch of moles removed off my back over the years. None in the last 6 years though. I just got burned badly a few weeks ago, just for being a dumb ass. Took my girls out to the beach and slathered them up with SPF 60, but forgot to do myself. Even 45 minutes will fuck you up. [:/]

Instead of being a redneck, I was a redback for a little while! :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I just got checked a couple weeks ago. I have lots of freckles and a couple of small moles that I keep an eye on. My grandmother has had basal cell carcinoma (caused by sun damage) removed from her nose a couple of times. Even though I did find out through genetic testing that I have a lower than normal chance (1.2% vs the normal 1.7%) of getting melanoma, cancer is like wildfire in my family (I've been close to having it once so far :() so I don't take any chances and always put sunscreen on when outdoors and only wear make up that has sunscreen in it so my face is protected at all times.

Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406