Nataly

Would you flirt at work?

I have to wonder about people in todays climate that would even consider any kind of relationships with ANYONE at work.

When I was a resident, I barely left the hospital. If I didn't sleep with people I worked with I would have never gotten any :P

I worked in a hospital for several years before going to college.
The female:male ratio was about 10:1.
I'd have been a damned fool to turn down that opportunity.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Agreed. If it was coffee with a small group, thats just a social gathering. If its two people its a date. or mini-date. Unless they have been friends for awhile, which doesn't seem to be the case here

can't dissagree more. If two people go for coffee it's a date ?!?!? I go for 1:1 coffee with girls and guys all the time. These are often people I would barely have a chance to get to know better otherwise. Guess that makes me gay (going for coffee with the guys). Not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with gay, but I'm not and I'm just getting to know co-workers. Pretty crazy if that's a date. Haven't women fought for generations to be treated as men? Wouldn't going out for coffee with women as we would with men be the same thing?

And yes, OK, sounds like he may be interested in her... I'm just rebutting the rediculous point that if it is two people it is a date. If you don't know the guy and aren't interseted, just decline. no big deal.

so there...
:P

Agreed. If it was coffee with a small group, thats just a social gathering. If its two people its a date. or mini-date. Unless they have been friends for awhile, which doesn't seem to be the case here

can't dissagree more. If two people go for coffee it's a date ?!?!? I go for 1:1 coffee with girls and guys all the time.

You're thinking only in general terms; but this poster and I each are thinking in specific terms: the particular circumstances Nataly spoke of. She met this guy at a company event, she would never otherwise have further contact with him; he e-mails her out of the blue for coffee; he follows it up by trying to friend her on FB. There's nothing wrong with trying to hook up with someone, but to me it's plainly obvious that that's what he's trying to do. So yes, under Nataly's particular circumstances with this particular guy, going for coffee with him would be a mini-date.

Note to self... Never ask for a coffee date: Downside, no date. Upside, coffee.

Instead, ask for a night of wild drunken sex. Downside, no date. Upside, wild drunken sex.

Caffeine is a stimulant.

Alcohol is a depressant.

Tequilla is a pantie remover.

:D:D:D

You crack me up Remi!! :D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

But like someone just mentioned, women outnumber men 10 to 1 in hospitals...

But it's the most un-erotic environment in the world. People are dying in hospitals. It would be like going to Auschwitz to get laid.

I'm one of the most horny guys around, but when people are dying--I'm sorry, my focus just isn't on sexuality.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

But like someone just mentioned, women outnumber men 10 to 1 in hospitals...

But it's the most un-erotic environment in the world. People are dying in hospitals. It would be like going to Auschwitz to get laid.

I'm one of the most horny guys around, but when people are dying--I'm sorry, my focus just isn't on sexuality.

You may say 'theres people dying in this hospital' whereas others (and many people working in hospitals) would say 'theres children being born, and lives being saved in this hospital',

Guess that means more female nurses/doctors for the rest of us!:D

Ill shaddup now:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'm an engineer.
And in the engineering world we have a saying.
If her eyebrows aren't connected and she's not wearing sweat pants she is HOT.
But due to having taste and fearing getting my ass kicked by my mother for bringing home a handsome woman.....I do not flirt at work.
And it's not that that I don't want to but.....the pastures are dry and scary.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

But due to having taste and fearing getting my ass kicked by my mother for bringing home a handsome woman.....I do not flirt at work.

You live with your mom? Duuuuuude.... :D:P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And it's not that that I don't want to but.....the pastures are dry and scary.

Perhaps that's because you choose to only graze at the pastures that look the best and not necessarily taste the best.

Do you see cows or horses eating ugly grass?
No?
Really?
Why should I?
You can argue with me all you want but biology and evolution win out every time.
And thus, no as much as I would love to flirt at work the average engieering girl is either rather.....odd....mumbles looks at your feet when she talks, screams at you for no other eason than she hates men and her job or.....if she were boiled down she could be utilized to make a candle of epic size.
I honestly can't wait till I get out of the engineering world. But that's just me. Others are perfectly happy with the dry crusty stuff floating around.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

>Do you see cows or horses eating ugly grass? No?

Uh, yeah, they pretty much eat any grass they can. Then there are goats, that eat pretty much whatever they can, period.

>Why should I? You can argue with me all you want but biology and
>evolution win out every time.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but that approach doesn't seem to be working for you all that well.

>And thus, no as much as I would love to flirt at work the average engieering
>girl is either rather.....odd....mumbles looks at your feet when she talks,
>screams at you for no other eason than she hates men and her job or.....if
>she were boiled down she could be utilized to make a candle of epic size.

I find that women in engineering (or in science, or aviation, heck in most pursuits) are about as fit/skinny/fat/lazy etc. etc. as in the general population. Skydiving is a bit different in that there are body types that have a lot of trouble with skydiving, and someone with a messy-hair phobia is not going to do well in skydiving.

>Why should I? You can argue with me all you want but biology and
>evolution win out every time.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but that approach doesn't seem to be working for you all that well.

It's not working for him. But I guess it is working for all the women that don't find him attractive.

You can argue with me all you want but biology and evolution win out every time.

No they don't. Modern medicine and technology prevent some of the dumbest people out there from dying. Survival of the fittest is no longer the case...

ie: cat walks across the street (or lays down in it) gets creamed by a car... cat most likely dies.

person walks across a street, gets hit by the same car, depending when emergency help arrives, person has a decent chance of surviving.

cat can no longer re-produce, therefore its genes that would have made it more aware but didnt, are not being passed on.

person can still have kids, passing its genes along to the next generation.

evolution stands still
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Uh, yeah, they pretty much eat any grass they can. Then there are goats, that eat pretty much whatever they can, period.

So if you are given no choice, as if you were a lab rat, to eat....in this case...mate with () women you will eventually mate with () women instead of )( women for you know no better.
The same for women.
The more choice you have the more odds of flirting a girl if a given )( size at work.
I work in an environment full of () women and I prefer )( women thus I do not flirt. but others do.
Such is life.

>So if you are given no choice, as if you were a lab rat, to eat....in
>this case...mate with () women you will eventually mate with () women
>instead of )( women for you know no better.

Well, I can honestly say that I don't know what rats find attractive, so I can't really talk to that.

>The more choice you have the more odds of flirting a girl if a given )( size at
>work.

I think that describing desirable woman as ")(" might lead to some . . . problems . . . with said women. There's a lot more to them than the shape of their parentheses.

I really don't have time to dig around but here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape
(not the best sight but a quick google search)
Evolution has programmed men to find women of a given dimension to be attractive and women to find men of a given dimension attractive.
Due to said dimensions implying fertility.

Now in the field where I am I see more pears, apples or in some cases water mellons then say the classic hour glass figure which most find attractive.
Thus I do not flirt.
Add to it the lack of personality and ability to hold a conversation and it just gets worse.

But in this day and age where we work and live more like lab rats than humans and where our mate choices can be artifically limited due to avaliability and opportinuty we adjust. So who knows, give me a few years and maybe one day I'll start hitting on girls who have "nicer personalities"

>Evolution has programmed men to find women of a given dimension to
>be attractive and women to find men of a given dimension attractive.

Google the artists "Rubens" and "Botticelli." The women Rubens painted were pretty much all grossly fat; Botticelli's women were considerably larger than what we today would consider to be those "women of a given dimension" you mention. That's primarily because back then, the majority of people were skinny waifs due to lack of food - and thus skinniness was considered unattractive.

To go even further back, Google the "Venus of Willendorf." While we do indeed have some evolutionary biases, a very large portion of what we perceive as beautiful is due to cultural rather than biological biases.

(Now, that's not to say "you should like non-skinny women." You can like whatever you like.)

>But in this day and age where we work and live more like lab rats than
>humans and where our mate choices can be artifically limited due to
>avaliability and opportinuty we adjust.

Hmm. If you would really see a non-hour-glass woman as a poor compromise, akin to a choice a deprived lab rat might make, it might be better for you (and for her) to not compromise on anything other than perfection.

I really don't have time to dig around but here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape
(not the best sight but a quick google search)
Evolution has programmed men to find women of a given dimension to be attractive and women to find men of a given dimension attractive.
Due to said dimensions implying fertility.

Now in the field where I am I see more pears, apples or in some cases water mellons then say the classic hour glass figure which most find attractive.
Thus I do not flirt.
Add to it the lack of personality and ability to hold a conversation and it just gets worse.

But in this day and age where we work and live more like lab rats than humans and where our mate choices can be artifically limited due to avaliability and opportinuty we adjust. So who knows, give me a few years and maybe one day I'll start hitting on girls who have "nicer personalities"

hey i don't like fat chicks
get over it
much like i don't like eating mint chocolate.
my evolutionary drive puts pushes me towards skinny girls who are healthy and outgoing and can fit on the back of a sport bike.
others want other things.
like I said for me, not my cup of tea thus I don't flirt.
so because I don't that means you now have a better chance of flirting.
so go and enojy.